Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Some of What I Found at SDCC 2015
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some of What I Found at SDCC 2015
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
258 West: 5 cards
Bates Motel, Breygent: 2 cards SDCON 1 & 2
Benchwarmer Dreamgirls Kickstarter: 9 cards (5 reg. 4 Auto) 3 signed
Benchwarmer 9 card Comic Con exclusive pack ($20)
Cryptozoic: 5 cards, 2 DC, 2 Fringe, 1 Pennydreadful (this was all I saw)
DC Toy Cards, Tarot Promos: 5 different oversized cards
DC Toy Cards: 4 different (Batman, Harley, Catwoman, Robin)
Dexter, Breygent: 2 cards Con 1 & 2
Fairie Metal cards: 18 metal cards
Gentle Giant: 10 cards (toy promos etc.)
Hannah Lynn: 1 Promo (Evil Queen)
INVICTUS: 4 cards ($2)
Jurassic Domination, Breygent: 2 cards
Justin Chung: 1 card
Kaibutsu No Neko: P4
Midnight Releasing: 2 cards P1 & P2
Ndbag The Boogyman: 4 cards
Nocturnals, The Sinister Path 2016: 4 cards
Panini Dragonball: P14, P16, P21 (game cards)
"Rak" Superhero Con exclusives, various: 5 to 10 cards
Rebel Legion: various
Sherrilyn Kenyon: 8 cards (book promos)
Star Wars Card Trader: 1 card
Star Wars Rebels: 20 stickers
Teddy Scares: 11 cards (2009)
Tradeskool: 1 card
Trap 3.5 game cards: 2 different (also 2 signed)
TWURF: Various cards
Upper Deck Sketch Card Grab Bags ($10)
Upper Deck Spiderman lenticular: 2 cards marked SAMPLE
www.steveargyle.com: 1 card (very nice)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's got to be a lot of it, Ace, thanks for the list.
I've seen 10 different of the Gentle Giant Star Wars Blue Border ads, so you missed 3 of those.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I figured I missed a few. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
If you count the dinner promo we gave out, there were 18 total metal cards for this year's SDCC

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
OH ****!! I forgot all about the Chung promo! I've got all the rest of them except this years... and I was there all 4 days! what a maroon!

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That Star Wars Lando comic had a new Topps P1 promo in it

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The P1 shows Luke Skywalker, but there is also a set of those virtual cards that were made for Entertainment Weekly earlier this year now made real showing images from the new movie on the 1977 design. There are at least 4 of them (Daisy, Poe Dameron, Stormtroopers, x-Wing fighters).

I think you get the P1 Luke and one of those new movie cards in each sealed copy. I was unable to get any of the Lando issue from the Marvel booth, but I've now ordered three from Ebay as I really want those promos, so hopefully, I'll get at least 3 of them.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Sorry Jake,
I also spelled "Breygent" wrong. "18" metal cards not 15. Thanks again for the great cards.
Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the list Ace!
I managed to get 3 of the Gentle Giant cards (I did pick up extras if anyone wants to do some trading).
I also found 2 cards for the "Scratch 9" comic book series. Picked them up with the writer was doing a signing at the booth. That's the only time I saw the cards at that booth.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Which ones did you get?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Which ones did you get?

Boba Fett, AntMan and 3d Printed Skull and Custom 3DME.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Adding Sicario pack of movie promo cards and Guardians of the Galaxy Disney animated XD cards.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
There's also a Joker DC toy card.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone showed me a bunch of new Star Trek Mego Museum like cards that were at the SDCC this year. They depict the old action figures. No, these are not the Mego Museum cards from years ago

Anyone know how many different ones there are ? I have seen 8 total

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David R, I saw 8 of those being offered you know where. I don't know how many different there are of those Star Treks but know there are quite a few smaller sets like that produced by indivduals that are pretty hard to find. I have a few odds of those weird ones but most of my Megos are of the more common variety. Hope this info helps.

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post