Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Comic Con August 9-12 . . .
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Comic Con August 9-12 . . .
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
Looks like another great show, I'll be there -- anyone else?

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I am volunteering on Thursday and will probably go back on Saturday. There is a good selection of guests.

Posts: 902 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Maybe...

Will know more in the morning.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an attendee or are you looking to set up?

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I am volunteering on Thursday and will probably go back on Saturday. There is a good selection of guests.

Yeah, the guest list looks good, and the show has been really great for the last few years. I'm looking forward to it, but am surprised again at the total lack of buzz on the boards. . .

Thankfully that doesn't seem to indicate anything at all about the show. . .

Jon

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be set up with Hill's Wholesale gaming in booth 2652 in hall C. I have 1000's of chase cards, 100's of sets and my $5 auto box is full after some recent trades.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am setup with Terrys Comics. I think our booth number is 502. When you come in the main entrance make a left and look along the wall of dealers on the left. Offering some nice prices on recent products(and others). Looks like I won't have room for my showcase but the chase card boxes will be available for anyone who has some interest. Mainly will have on display boxes, binders and a handful of supplies.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
As an attendee or are you looking to set up?

Jon

Was going to set up with Marco, but the plan didn't fall together fast enough. So I'm sitting this one out.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
FREE Dealer PASSES for Chicago Wizard World.

You heard it right just e-mail me if you want to come to the show and get in for FREE!!!!!.

Davemoulder@msn.com

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
email sent!!!

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Blah, I have something going on every day this weekend. Bummed!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I didn't even realize the show was open for a full day today, I thought it was a preview night so I didn't bother going. . . oops. . .

Jon

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
1st day was great sold a lot of smallville sets and chase. The $5-$10 box table was cleaned out today. Luckily I have another big tote full of cheap wax in the van. But, I did manage to pick up 13 cases of wax at the show so I'll have those as well.

Dave

posted Hide Post
I hate to jinx myself after the technical issues I had at C2E2, but if all goes well I'll be photoblogging on webjon.com live from Wizard this afternoon!

Jon

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I sent an email,

Posts: 902 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just back from the con. . . phew.

Managed to buy a bunch of stuff, and also managed to get a number of pics uploaded to Webjon through the day. A full review will be coming on webjon, but I wanted to get a quick non-sport run down, especially as I nearly missed Derek.

Derek is set up at Terry's Comics along the wall closest to the entrance, his cards are in the corner so they are easy to miss.

The convention floor is sort of split in half by the autograph area.

The 'right' and 'left' are based on facing the autograph area from the entrance wall.

Junior's and Triangle were set up to the right of the autograph area.

K and J had a full both and another dealer had an end of a both on the left of the autograph area.

Dave Moulder is in the 'other' room near the 'restaurant'.

Lots of artists and other random booths have trading cards, it seems like the 'in' thing to do is to produce your own set, so that's pretty cool.

The dealers have a lot of product, and there are a lot of dealers, so it is really fantastic. I picked up some great stuff from Derek, Juniors and the 'other' dealer whose name I didn't get. Hopefully I'll be spending more time with the other folks tomorrow. . .

Fantastic card selection. . . lots of great artists. . .

Jon

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 days down 1 to go. Another great day at the show. I really need to bring a camera to these things. I couldn't beleive some of the outfits. After a 3 year absence at Wizard World Chicago it was nice to see some faces that I haven't seen in a long time. My trays of sets were wiped out today, but luckily, I have lots more to put out for the last day.

Hope to see some more of you mid westerners tomorrow.

Dave

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Moulder:
3 days down 1 to go. Another great day at the show. I really need to bring a camera to these things. I couldn't beleive some of the outfits. After a 3 year absence at Wizard World Chicago it was nice to see some faces that I haven't seen in a long time. My trays of sets were wiped out today, but luckily, I have lots more to put out for the last day.

Hope to see some more of you mid westerners tomorrow.

Dave

Great to hear.

Get back with some Chicago goodies, because the Attleboro show is in two weeks. LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A big thank you to Dave for the free passes!

And it's official - I am in love with Amy Acker!

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy351:
A big thank you to Dave for the free passes!

And it's official - I am in love with Amy Acker!

Glad you used the passes. For what we pay for tables its nice to be able give something back to customers.

This turned out to be the best show we've ever had at Chicago. Each day was busy and Saturday was absolutely great. I have some serious restocking to do.

Dave