Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    November Memorabilia Birmingham
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November Memorabilia Birmingham
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I see there are some guests listed on the site but no major names yet.

Wolfie will be pleased that they have changed the cost of parking, not £8 but a steal at £10 (or is that robbery?).

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The NEC are just a national disgrace, I don't know why anyone has anything to do with them. Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
may be NEC stands for not every ones cup of tea ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Already booked the Train tickets for the Saturday not impressed about £10 for car park on Sunday though

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I will be there on Saturday with some promos for The Man Who Fell to Earth and possibly The Wicker Man. Reminds me I need to book a hotel!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I'll be there as well with the usual table for NSU. Really looking forward to it as always. Got some things in the work for the show to be announced soon. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Batman will be there as well!! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I'll be there as well with the usual table for NSU. Really looking forward to it as always. Got some things in the work for the show to be announced soon. Smile

Shake Head Roll Eyes

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Batman will be there as well!! Big Grin

Shake Head Shake Head Roll Eyes

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
The NEC are just a national disgrace, I don't know why anyone has anything to do with them. Twak

And yet you keep going back. The only way to show your disgust is to boycott the show.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

And yet you keep going back. The only way to show your disgust is to boycott the show.

Unfortunatly the show is nothing to do with the NEC, they only hire the hall, everything else that goes on there is out of their control.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Unfortunatly the show is nothing to do with the NEC, they only hire the hall, everything else that goes on there is out of their control.

I understand that, but if enough drivers boycotted the show, the organisers of Memorabilia would have some leverage in sorting the charges. The people that organise the toy fair seem to have it down pat.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

The people that organise the toy fair seem to have it down pat.

The Toy Fair has been running at the NEC for a very long time and is subject to the original contract agreement between the organiser and the NEC which stipulates that anyone attending the show will get free parking.
The NEC have tried on numerous occasions to get this contract cancelled but the organisers have said that if it is they will pull the show so a sort of stand off is in operation, if they could find a way to cancel the contract and keep the show they would do it today.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I am going to attend for the first time Smile

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

And I'll be there with the camera to prove it Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This will be my 1st time at Memorabillia also

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Will be great to see you all. please make sure you visit the NSU table regularly during the day so we can all meet up.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

Hurray Wavey

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will be great to see you all. please make sure you visit the NSU table regularly during the day so we can all meet up.

Make sure you stop by Wetherspoon's as well just look for the idiots having pints outdoors in 40 degree weather! Red Face

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I may not be at liberty to say who but in addition to Batman, I'm told there will be a special appearance by more friends of NSU from the States at Memorabilia this year. Those who have been to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show will know them (and in fact, already know who I refer to).

The Americans are coming.....And there's nothing you can do about it. Wavey

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post