Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    November Memorabilia Birmingham
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November Memorabilia Birmingham
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Had a good time at the show too - picked up a couple of boxes and autographs. The show was very full on Saturday but a bit quieter on Sunday. Got the NSU specials and another years subscription, talked to Jason from Unstoppable cards and Jason and Liza from Cult Stuff - who had a LOT of tables this year. Got a quick sketch from Carolyn Edwards, saw Paul from Umbrella cards - there were a lot of card dealers at the show and somehow I didn't get any Tudors (I meant to but time ran out)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
For various reasons, I could only do the Sunday this year (back to the full weekend next year I hope!) but I still had an enjoyable time at the show - first port of call was the Cult-Stuff Zone, then on to NSU, where I had my annual reunion with Harris, and met Batman and Cliff and Carol Tooker - I bought one of Cliff's card sets and got him to sign one of the cards!
There seemed to be a fair number of people milling about, though most dealers I spoke to seemed to think it was quieter than usual. I did pop into the ComicCon section and couldn't really see much difference between it and the Memorabilia section. The Artist Alley had been moved in there, and there were a couple of exhibits and stands in there, but otherwise, it was dealers and cosplayers.
Artist Matt Dixon was nicely positioned in the area between ComicCon and Memorabilia, and he said he had had a great weekend - it's nice to see artists doing well at the show!
As I've posted elsewhere, I did manage to inexpensively finish my Character Options Doctor Who Series 3 minifigs set, and I picked up a few bits and pieces - including a copy of NSU Vol 1 Issue 1! Made interesting reading on the LOOOOOOONG train ride home!
Bumped into Hammer at the NSU stand, amongst a fair number of other old-timers! and had several interesting chats with Paul from Umbrella and Steve from London Cigarette Card Company, as well as the fascinating behind the scenes chat with Jason and Lisa of Cult-Stuff.
Thanks to all, especially the aforementioned Harris, Jason and Lisa for making me welcome at the show! I will be offering prizes on upcoming episodes of UK CardCast thanks to the generosity of Cult-Stuff, so watch this space!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
i will be there next year

tom

That's good to hear. It's a great show, even if last year was a bit better (for us, anyway) then this year.

As always, the show was a lot of fun and I really enjoy seeing a lot of familiar faces. It was interesting having Comic Con combined with Memorabilia this time (I know it's not new but it's the first time for November and new for me).

We'll have a full report and pictures coming on the blog soon.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did you enjoy the Doctor Who 3D Cinema experience Harris?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
i will be there next year

tom

That's great news Tom, really looking forward to meeting you. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
same here

tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It was Great that Cult-Stuff were displaying Breygent items and that I was able to pick up some of the Optispex items

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
go hammer go
i like hearing this

thanks tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have a show report and photo gallery up on the blog today complete with about 25 photos from the show:

Memorabilia Birmingham 2013 Report and Photo Gallery

In addition to the photos on the blog, I thought I'd post a few here that might not mean as much to our blog viewers. Razz

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Wolfie and his phone!!

Had the please of meeting Card Talk member Tangent at Memorabilia this year

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Batman will do anything to get a promo card

My Twitter friend Anne and her daughter

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

And last but not least, Mrs. Cult Stuff's shoes!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

And last but not least, Mrs. Cult Stuff's shoes!

So THAT is why you were on your hands and knees behind the cult stuff counter Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Could've sworn I saw Paul Hart wearing these Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Could've sworn I saw Paul Hart wearing these Wink

I think he could get away with wearing them Big Grin

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Only when sorting cards! Wave

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have another gallery of photos on the blog today. This time, the photos are from Cliff and Carol Tooker.

Memorabilia Birmingham 2013 Another Look

Unfortunately, there are no shots of Paul with his shoes. Wink