Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    November Memorabilia Birmingham
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November Memorabilia Birmingham
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

in addition to Batman, I'm told there will be a special appearance by more friends of NSU from the States at Memorabilia this year.

Hey it a tooker you a time to say this. Big Grin Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Ramp up the Border Controls that's what we can do Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:
Will be great to see you all. please make sure you visit the NSU table regularly during the day so we can all meet up.

Make sure you stop by Wetherspoon's as well just look for the idiots having pints outdoors in 40 degree weather! Red Face

We were sitting under a heater - you big softie Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
And I think that those americans are visiting a bit more of Europe than just UK, like France. Wink

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
It's the hobby's worst kept secret. Big Grin

As always, really looking forward to the show. Won't be long now. And I'm sure the rest of the American contingent are as well.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still no Big Signers yet. I wonder if they will be any big signers this time.

I have a dealer table and have been updated as to the moving of the show to a "bigger" hall as the show is ever more popular. If that is the case surely they will get a top signer to attend the show.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just realised it's on the same day as the Dr Who 50th anniversary show on the BBC at 7.30.

Anyone going to the big screen simulcasts? I know of at least three Birmingham city centre cinemas showing it.

And it's also the first weekend of the Hunger Games Catching Fire film. Maybe that's why they have not announced any big guests, they are flying in Jennifer Lawrence and Donald Sutherland as well as getting Capaldi and Tennant to do a signing! In related news there has been a sighting of a squadron of flying pigs over the NEC Big Grin .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

In related news there has been a sighting of a squadron of flying pigs over the NEC Big Grin .

They better not land or that will be £10 per porker.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Just realised it's on the same day as the Dr Who 50th anniversary show on the BBC at 7.30.

It is also the weekend of the big Who 50th anniversary event at Excel London too with ~50 Who-related guests over the 3 days Angel

Hopefully I'll be at Memorabilia on the Sunday but Saturday I'll be watching the 3D "Day of The Doctor" at the Trafford Centre Dance

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
Hopefully I'll be at Memorabilia on the Sunday but Saturday I'll be watching the 3D "Day of The Doctor" at the Trafford Centre Dance

Hope you can make Memorabilia dis68

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice to see some Memorabilia Exclusive promos and the Special Edition NSU December/January issue promoting Downton Abbey.

Hopefully I'll remember to bring the Exclusive Member Code contained in the email sent by NSU/Harris.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, a week to go and no big name signers. Memorabilia organisers really are taking the ****. They get the same old same old minor signers knowing they will get the Punters through the door anyway.

The biggest signer this year is that 'Old' U.S. regular a certain Harris Toser.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
It shows how much they don't care when there's not even a photoshoot schedule - no pre-sold tickets either!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been noticeably quieter last few years. I think it's the fact that it's like £10 to get in, £8 minimum to park I think, probably up again this year. If they made parking free it would be packed. I feel sorry for the dealers to be honest.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:
It's been noticeably quieter last few years. I think it's the fact that it's like £10 to get in, £8 minimum to park I think, probably up again this year. If they made parking free it would be packed. I feel sorry for the dealers to be honest.

You are correct, the car park is now £10 and early entry to the hall is £15.
As for the dealers I liked an idea earlier this year at one of the shows in America where the hall was split, dealers in one half, star signings in the other, if you only wanted to go in the dealer room there was no admission charge.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
It's the only time harris will meet me when he is in UK so I have to stump up £15 Train fare and £10 entry just to see a friend Big Grin

I can only dream of paying £15 train fare, it cost me a lot more to travel from the north east and that's booking 12 weeks in advance.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
It's the only time harris will meet me when he is in UK so I have to stump up £15 Train fare and £10 entry just to see a friend Big Grin

I can only dream of paying £15 train fare, it cost me a lot more to travel from the north east and that's booking 12 weeks in advance.

Can't help if you want to live in the back of beyond can I? Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Well, a week to go and no big name signers. Memorabilia organisers really are taking the ****. They get the same old same old minor signers knowing they will get the Punters through the door anyway.

The biggest signer this year is that 'Old' U.S. regular a certain Harris Toser.

Ha!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

One thing I did notice this year. For some odd reason, MCM is not putting their "best" signers on the front page (http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/birmingham/). It's like they have forgotten to update it or something. If you click on the actual guest page (http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/birmingham/guests/mediaguests/), you'll see a few others....some of who are a little more high profile. Certainly no one of the caliber of guests they've had in the past but at least I've heard of a couple of those (Kai Owen and Frances Barber, for example, as well as the Primeval guests).

And this is the point where I get to plug all the stuff I'll have at the table. I have all sort of goodies this year. In addition to the Downton Abbey variant issue and metal card that we announced previously, I'll have just a few of the Non-Sport Nut metal cards (the very last ones which we saved specifically for Memorabilia) plus promo cards, the new Vintage Trading Cards Price Guide, NSU back issues, several books, and our usual subscription/renewal special (£28 once again). Also, if you received an email from us, don't forget to print it out and bring it along to redeem for the special card offered -- free with a £5 purchase.

See you next weekend. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also, if you received an email from us, don't forget to print it out and bring it along to redeem for the special card offered -- free with a £5 purchase.

What email? How does one get on a list to receive such?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

Also, if you received an email from us, don't forget to print it out and bring it along to redeem for the special card offered -- free with a £5 purchase.

What email? How does one get on a list to receive such?

Graham:

You were on the list. Big Grin

It was a special offer only for collectors in the U.K. and thereabouts who might come to the show and get a special card. Each email contains a unique offer code. I will give you a shout via email.

See you soon.