Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
November Memorabilia Birmingham

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/2547068336

October 01, 2013, 01:43 PM
treksearcher
November Memorabilia Birmingham
I see there are some guests listed on the site but no major names yet.

Wolfie will be pleased that they have changed the cost of parking, not £8 but a steal at £10 (or is that robbery?).
October 01, 2013, 02:04 PM
wolfie
The NEC are just a national disgrace, I don't know why anyone has anything to do with them. Twak

October 01, 2013, 04:01 PM
vampy
may be NEC stands for not every ones cup of tea ?
October 03, 2013, 06:19 AM
hammer
Already booked the Train tickets for the Saturday not impressed about £10 for car park on Sunday though
October 09, 2013, 02:30 PM
Jason Wright
I will be there on Saturday with some promos for The Man Who Fell to Earth and possibly The Wicker Man. Reminds me I need to book a hotel!
October 09, 2013, 02:40 PM
H_Toser
I'll be there as well with the usual table for NSU. Really looking forward to it as always. Got some things in the work for the show to be announced soon. Smile

October 09, 2013, 03:21 PM
Batman
Batman will be there as well!! Big Grin

October 09, 2013, 04:41 PM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I'll be there as well with the usual table for NSU. Really looking forward to it as always. Got some things in the work for the show to be announced soon. Smile

Shake Head Roll Eyes
October 09, 2013, 04:42 PM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Batman will be there as well!! Big Grin

Shake Head Shake Head Roll Eyes
October 09, 2013, 05:10 PM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
The NEC are just a national disgrace, I don't know why anyone has anything to do with them. Twak

And yet you keep going back. The only way to show your disgust is to boycott the show.
October 10, 2013, 05:19 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

And yet you keep going back. The only way to show your disgust is to boycott the show.

Unfortunatly the show is nothing to do with the NEC, they only hire the hall, everything else that goes on there is out of their control.

October 10, 2013, 07:31 AM
Graham
quote:
quote:
quote:

Unfortunatly the show is nothing to do with the NEC, they only hire the hall, everything else that goes on there is out of their control.

I understand that, but if enough drivers boycotted the show, the organisers of Memorabilia would have some leverage in sorting the charges. The people that organise the toy fair seem to have it down pat.
October 10, 2013, 11:48 AM
wolfie
quote:

The people that organise the toy fair seem to have it down pat.

The Toy Fair has been running at the NEC for a very long time and is subject to the original contract agreement between the organiser and the NEC which stipulates that anyone attending the show will get free parking.
The NEC have tried on numerous occasions to get this contract cancelled but the organisers have said that if it is they will pull the show so a sort of stand off is in operation, if they could find a way to cancel the contract and keep the show they would do it today.

October 12, 2013, 06:30 PM
tangent
I am going to attend for the first time Smile
October 12, 2013, 06:58 PM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

And I'll be there with the camera to prove it Big Grin
October 13, 2013, 02:04 AM
MILLHOUSE
This will be my 1st time at Memorabillia also
October 13, 2013, 04:06 AM
hammer
Will be great to see you all. please make sure you visit the NSU table regularly during the day so we can all meet up.
October 13, 2013, 08:26 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

Hurray Wavey

October 13, 2013, 10:50 AM
Batman
quote:
Will be great to see you all. please make sure you visit the NSU table regularly during the day so we can all meet up.

Make sure you stop by Wetherspoon's as well just look for the idiots having pints outdoors in 40 degree weather! Red Face

October 13, 2013, 11:14 AM
H_Toser
I may not be at liberty to say who but in addition to Batman, I'm told there will be a special appearance by more friends of NSU from the States at Memorabilia this year. Those who have been to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show will know them (and in fact, already know who I refer to).

The Americans are coming.....And there's nothing you can do about it. Wavey