Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    C2E2 this weekend- Fri thru Sun- TC of Art opportunity+ special guest bonus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C2E2 this weekend- Fri thru Sun- TC of Art opportunity+ special guest bonus
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hello All!
Visit the CECE table near the show entrance in the lobby. A couple of exciting things happening with us at this show that I would like to share with you. The Treasure Chest of Art will be available for sale at the show from the CECE table only. We will be accepting check or cash only,please. The cost remains the same as the initial offering of $ 395.00 per collection of 50 pieces of original artwork, inside a handmade, wooden treasure chest. The chest will come with it's own box and certificate of authenticity. These are a limited edition of only 100 chests, Buy yours today, before it is too late and they are gone forever.
100% of the net profits, less expenses, benefit the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation. We also offer time payments and shipping options as well on these beautiful masterpieces.
Sign up for our special raffle for the Limited Edition Variant Charity issue of Non-Sport Update Magazine featuring original Star Wars artwork by artist, Mark McHaley. This issue was limited to only 300 copies, worldwide and contains the Only Topps Star Wars Costume Card!
Raffle tickets are $ 25.00 per ticket, or 5 tickets for $ 100.00, money collected at the CECE table only. Drawing will be held Sunday afternoon at 1pm at the CECE table. Make sure you come to the CECE table as there will be no show announcements made. The winner's name will be posted at the CECE table and we will collect the winning ticket. This is a very rare book and holds a great value! 100% of the revenue from this raffle will benefit the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation.
Thank you in advance.
Take care and see you all there!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I Have some extra special news for everyone and did not want it to get jumbled in with our initial offering of the TC of Art at the C2E2 show.
On Friday, March 18th ONLY- We are very proud to announce a rare appearance by one of our favorite Chicagoland artists.... Cynthia Narcisi!!!! Her estimated time of arrival is around mid-day and her appearance will be a very limited one. So, if you can, please stop out and see her and say hello!
Thanks very much! and see you all there!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cynthia will be at the CECE booth. So be the first to welcome her!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris for the help with both post locations. We intend to sell all of the built Treasure Chests of Art that we have ready at the show.

Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Packing for the show now, see you in a few hours!
Paul

Picture of Caesar
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul, will you be at C2E2 this year, too?

Posts: 150 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caesar:

I don't know anyone who's willingly going back...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be walking the floor.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Caesar:

I don't know anyone who's willingly going back...

Ed

Last year was rough for dealers, which is strange because the attendance was there. . .

This year it looks like 3 card dealers are on the list -- Junior's, which is awesome, and two others I am not familiar with. . .

I was on the fence about this show after realize Ed and Kevin weren't setting up, but it seems there will be some decent non-sport presence, Cryptozoic will be on hand as well as a really cool looking Captain America Movie Prop auction and of course tons of artists. . .

While I was on the fence for a while, I'm jazzed about the show now. . . Hopefully the folks through the door make it worth it for the dealers.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I was bummed that it was this weekend. I had already signed up to attend the Vampire Diaries con in Chicago the same weekend. Had a hankering to see Steven Yeun and John Borrowman. Razz Really wanted to check it out, oh well there is always next year.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Guys, is this show worth it for people looking strictly for non-sports cards, cases, boxes. I have never been but was looking to see if it was worth it.

Posts: 3 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: March 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOPE:
Guys, is this show worth it for people looking strictly for non-sports cards, cases, boxes. I have never been but was looking to see if it was worth it.

Jon posted above that Juniors (a large dealer) and two other unknowns were going to be there. Can't say if it would be worth it based on that knowledge alone.

I can say you should think about the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 5 and 6. Nearly every dealer there has non-sports (some comics and figures, but not much). A perfect opportunity to find sealed boxes and maybe the occasional case. Non-Sport Card Shows Website

But then again, mine is a biased opinion. I had more sales on Friday in Carol Stream this spring than I did the whole show at C2E2 last year...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOPE:

Generally cases are going to be uncommon at any shows in the midwest, except perhaps The National Sports Card Convention -- and you won't find a ton of non-sport cards there.

The non-sport card presence hasn't solidified at C2E2 yet, each year the mix has been slightly different and fairly light. Last year Sadlittles and 258 West authentic signatures had a presence, and they won't be attending this year, so that is a shame, but hopefully Cryptozoic has a non-sport display. Junior's will have a good selection of cards, but it is entirely possible Henry will be the only dealer with a large selection of cards.

Ultimately it's an unknown. Ed and Kevin's Non-Sport shows have a good selection of cards, of course, and Wizard has really been putting on some great shows for the last couple of years.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:

But then again, mine is a biased opinion. I had more sales on Friday in Carol Stream this spring than I did the whole show at C2E2 last year...

Ed

Wow, that is suprising.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:

Ed

Wow, that is suprising.

I call it the San Diego effect -- now that Comic Con is in the news all the time, and it's the 'hip' thing to do everyone wants to check it out. They had a TON of people at C2E2 last year (many aisles were very difficult to walk down), but they were mostly people who were window shopping. . . .

Jon

posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested I'll be posting photos live from C2E2 on webjon.com today!

Jon