Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Get Paul Bines to the Philly Show! Updated 10/2
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Paul Bines to the Philly Show! Updated 10/2
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cabbie1120:
Thanks Jason, terffic card! And naturally to you also, Don, as always great work!

Card is listed on UK auction site, am I allowed to put a link in, if not do a search for Don Pedicini Sketch Card (get Paul Bines to Philly Show).

I am aware that time is running out so it's on a 5 day auction. I was a bit late listing it as I've just come back from Essex!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
Card is listed on UK auction site, am I allowed to put a link in, if not do a search for Don Pedicini Sketch Card (get Paul Bines to Philly Show).

Yes, in this case I will allow the live eBay link.

Thank you for doing this Jason, Don, and Unstoppable Cards.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to the auction so please have a bid sketch card

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jason and Don for this! If either of you ever want to do one of my podcasts, please email me!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
done that jason come on some one outbid me I dare you lol

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
Thank you Jason and Don for this! If either of you ever want to do one of my podcasts, please email me!
Au Res.,
Paul

Will take you up on that Paul, will be in touch, thanks!!

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Card sold and paid for so donation from Unstoppable Cards is on its way.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Chris - just in case there is anyone else out there that want's to contribute but hasn't yet, when's the final date? I know Paul has booked his plane ticket, but it would be nice if he was enjoying the show comfortably rather than on a shoestring. Hate to think he will be standing outside the hotel with a "I will Podcast you for food" sign Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
Card sold and paid for so donation from Unstoppable Cards is on its way.

Thanks Jason! Its much appreciated!

Posts: 31 | Location: Hickory, NC | Registered: June 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As some of you might have already heard, its official, the flight and hotel reservations have been made, Paul WILL be at the Philly Show! I want to thank everyone who donated artwork, bought the artwork, and just outright donated money. We have raised $955 for Paul, so far. I'm about to add two donated comic book, plus I still have the Malcolm Reynolds up and the Artist Proof from the Marvel Universe set(currently at $100, which is far lower than I will be charging for the rest of my AP's). At this point we would be making things, as Graham put it, far more comfortable for Paul, and possibly a round at the Red Robin for everyone. Any donations can be made though the end of the month at the ChipIn and if anyone is still feeling generous than please PayPal directly to Paul at p.a.bines@btinternet.com Again if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask me at cabbie1120@gmail.com
Thanks to all again, I knew we could do it with the generosity from everyone!

Chris

Posts: 31 | Location: Hickory, NC | Registered: June 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay here are the comics being donated by Ian Fisher. He has the comics so if there are any questions about condition please direct them to him. He thinks they are at about Good to Fair.

posted Hide Post
A bit of Post Script. I have extended the deadline on ChipIn to October 14th. As I stated earlier all the travel funds have been raised that are needed, but if anyone is still feeling generous enough to help lighten Pauls expenses while in the US then they are free to do so through there. Also please note that this will NOT change the auction end dates already set up. I will be hand delvering to Paul the rest of the donations at the show. So thanks again everyone and I'll hopefully get to meet some of you at the show!

Chris

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay here are the comics being donated by Ian Fisher. He has the comics so if there are any questions about condition please direct them to him. He thinks they are at about Good to Fair.

If the person who wins them is going to the Philly show I can hand deliver them if they want. Nothing like door to door service!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:

If the person who wins them is going to the Philly show I can hand deliver them if they want. Nothing like door to door service!

Thank you for donating these Ian! And thanks for offering the door-to-door service too. Big Grin

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
So Cabbie what was the final total?

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well its officially over, at least on my end. All auctions are over, we only had a couple of items left over. The card I had up will be avaliable at the show next weekend. Our grand total was $955! Which was a tad short of my original posted goal, but it turned out to be enough. Paul will be at the show. I again want to thank everyone for their support and hopefully a lot of you will be able to see Paul in person at the show! But I want to make sure everyone is recognized for their generosity in the effort so here is a list of all contributors, whether monetary or otherwise.

Thomas Boatwright
Chris Cline
Richard Cox
Richard Farley
Ian Fisher
Dan Fritz
Randy Green
Patrick Hamill
Ingrid Hardy
Graham Head
Robert Hulsart
Laura Inglis
Kristoher Kersey
Dan Larson
Tom Lichtman
John Nunnery
Don Pedicini, Jr.
David Rosciszewski
Beck Seashols
Harris Toser
Johnny Townsend
Fred Wheaton
Jason Wright

Thanks again to everyone and I hope to also meet most of you next weekend!

Chris

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to everyone who was able to make this happen. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone who contributed in whatever way! Hopefully I will meet as many of you as possible either at the Philly Show or Memorabilia.
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
... Hopefully I will meet as many of you as possible either at the Philly Show or Memorabilia.
Paul

Is that a threat..... Big Grin

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Yup!