Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comic-Con 2011
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Kennywood is absolutely right, it's what you make of it. I had a great time last year, you need a plan and have to be flexible, but I still got to see and do the things I wanted most, and it is always a memorable experience, no matter what happens. A positive attitude is a must, no since going to Comic Con being unhappy.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
It would be cool if they did the show over two weekends or something -- the one for Comic stuff only and one with all the Hollywood stuff.

I really think they need to think about making it a 10 or 11 day event. The problem right now is getting enough people in the building in the current number of days. Stretch everything out between 2 weekends and there's more time to get more people in the door.

The hotels would love another week of Comic Con crowds, as would the local restaurants and busineses.

The biggest obstacle would be getting every day to have something interesting. But if Monday and Tuesday were lesser days it would still be good for those people who actually want to walk the con.

Or, move to Anaheim where they have a million+
square feet available at the new convention center.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Hotel registration opens on Wednesday at 9 PT. Good luck to everyone looking for a room! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I managed to get myself a 4 day pass for this years SDCC when they went on sale a while ago and my friend was meant to be coming as well. But he pulled out recently due to finances and am wondering if anyone else is looking to share the accommodation I already have booked?

I've got a reservation made for a twin share room(shared floor bathroom/showers) at www.500westhotel.com which is less than a mile from the convention centre. The booking is for July 19th-26th as I wanted a day before and after the con to relax. If anyone is interested, lmk and we can split the cost which is just over $800US($400 each) for the 7 night stay.

I'm gonna be traveling over from New Zealand end of May for some UFC events and traveling before SDCC end of July. So is gonna be a massive trip and any help on the costs would be awesome, cheers!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nz_genis,

Posts: 13 | Location: Wellington, New Zealand | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post