Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comic-Con 2011
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
6:00 AM. No Preview Night.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else been trying -- and failing miserably -- to buy tickets for the last hour+?

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, receiving the message "Registration System Error" and "The web system has encountered an error while attempting to service your registration process."

Are they totally inept or don't they want anyone to register?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Latest information from Comic Con Site;

"Once more, unfortunately, there have been issues with Comic-Con registration. So we have, again decided to close it down.

We are well aware that many people have taken time from work, school or other activities and others woke up very early. There really is no way to convey our level regret for this turn of events.

We are currently researching our registration options."

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I don't want to nerd rage or anything, but I had to take off of work to buy these passes and I don't think I can do that next time. My department only has four people and two of them are gone for the last two weeks of December.

Thanks for nothing, Comic Con Mad

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Terrible job by Comic Con, they should be well aware of the demand and should have made sure the vendor handling the registration was fully prepared to do the job. They already screwed up once, to do it twice is disgraceful. I can't wait for all the fun when it comes to getting a room! Roll Eyes

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't think they care. You can't tell me by now they can't have a better game plan and implementation.

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I honestly don't think they care. You can't tell me by now they can't have a better game plan and implementation.

Bingo... sold out shows year after year. So what if some people are disappointed. It's the American way Wink

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was fun getting up early and hitting refresh for 2 hours. I did get to the first page of the registration process a couple times but couldn't get past it.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This delay is making it difficult to plan a holiday. If I can't be sure of tickets to the show I'm not going to book a hotel and flight.

Anyone any idea how they could have let this happen, again?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still no further forward as Comic Con are still looking at options?

Perhaps they should just revert to old method of Sending an email with completed form attached?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's going to be time to sell 2012 tickets before they sort this mess out!!!!!!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I think the only way they'll sort it out is to start selling the tickets without announcing the date. It'll save the crash on the site.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I agree with Graham Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Santa will bring the Organisers of Comic Con a New ISP, one that can cope with the demand on their system. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Latest information on the Comic Con Site;

"1000 Badges will go on sale in a registration test on Wednesday, December 15th at 8:00am Pacific Time".

I wonder what they will do if this also crashes their system?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s still a complete XXXX of an Organisation.

Tried to book tickets but received messages;

“Bad Gateway”

“Tickets not available”

Finally “N/A Not enough tickets remain”

Mad

I'm assuming someone must have managed to book tickets but it was not me.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are using an Organisation called "TicketLeap", I'm assuming this is an on-line ticket seller. If they can't manage something is seriously wrong.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think a major problem with today's "test" run is that I would imagine that 1000 registrations would sell out in a manner of minutes, considering the demand. What a disaster. Red Face

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
They claim it was a success. Only 1000 passes were sold as a trial run using several servers. More in Jan.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post