Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comic-Con 2011
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
Tickets on sale 1st November. Worst fears confirmed that all 15,000 with-preview-night tickets were sold at the last show Mad

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder how quick the Four Day Passes will sell out?

I'm hoping to get there next year, so will try and order a pass when they become available.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The way things have been going the last couple of years, I doubt they will last two weeks.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
4 day tickets (without preview night Shake Head ) on sale 4.00PM TOMORROW

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The speed of the website pretty much guarentees the tickets will still be around next July. 95 minutes and counting...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Gave up trying to load in the Registration Page, will try later. Frown

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Been waiting for the registration page to load for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I've never gone to SDCC before. Is this the norm for registration server performance?

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Looks like they shut it down. Here's the message they just put up on the site:

"Please check back on the 8th of November for information on the new registration date."

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Lack of organisation and preparation has migrated to the USA from the London Expo Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Site states Registration is closed until November 8th to allow time to sort out issues with site.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Who are the Comic Con organisers trying to kid? Only a handful of tickets issued? 13% is a whimsy more than a handful Mad

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I was going to take off from work to buy the tickets today, and I'm glad I didn't. This does ensure that I will take off when they go back up, though Shake Head

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
This is worse than the hotel reservations by Travelstoppers! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
The demand is way up. This will be the first year I will miss Preview Night and I bought my tickets (4 day pass) at the show on Sunday. Instead of getting a $5 discount for purchasing my tickets early at the show, they raised the price $5 and no Preview Night. I think all the talk on "The Big Bang Theory" has contributed to this and now they are limiting Preview Night to 15,000 only. I have been doing this for 20 plus years and never ordered this early or was denied Preview Night with my 4 day pass. It was always considered uncool to be a comic geek; now it somehow has become hip. Go figure.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
My San Diego hotel from last year is already full up... I'm on a waiting list for a 4-night reservation. Guess I will buy the Con tickets anyway... I can always get a refund if I can't find a room that I can afford Roll Eyes

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Kick a policeman, free overnight bed and breakfast. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kick a policeman, free overnight bed and breakfast.

Now theres something I haven't tried... Maybe I should consider it! Big Grin

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Kick a policeman, free overnight bed and breakfast. Big Grin

The only downside is you might end up with a rather large bunk mate named Bubba - who likes to cuddle. Eek Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
My San Diego hotel from last year is already full up... I'm on a waiting list for a 4-night reservation. Guess I will buy the Con tickets anyway... I can always get a refund if I can't find a room that I can afford Roll Eyes

Ours is also booked, so we decided to stay in Old Town and take the trolley in every morning. We will still try to find something closer once the con opens up its rooms, but I never feel confident about booking rooms through the con service.

I can tell you that I will be buying my ticket for 2012 on Thursday this year, and booking my hotel right away in August (our hotel starts booking 50 weeks in advance).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New Date for tickets, November 22nd. Confused