Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Wizard World Philly 2019
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard World Philly 2019
 Login/Join

NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice job EIC 100, sorry I could not be there with you this year, but I will be ready for the next show!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The cost of admission is making it tougher to attend. Frown

Awesome pics! Wish I could've gone.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree the cost of these shows is getting silly as well as autograph prices it leaves attendees with nothing or little left to support the vendors who pay big dollars to set up. I long for the old days when it was about the comics, cards, and items we wanted for our collections. There are aspects of the new generation of attendees and fans that is cool but the shift has been too dramatic and I do wonder about the viable future of many of these shows. I hope a common ground can be found before they start to disappear.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Even I have been cutting back on the shows I go to as autograph prices soar. I know it costs more to put on a show but I am living on a tight budget and can only afford to get certain people. Since even comic artists and writers are also asking for money I don't even know if it is worth bringing books to get signed. Free promo stuff has become harder and harder to find except at shows like NYCC OR SDCC. Almost every time you ask for a non-personalized signature they think you are going to re-sell it. Shows were at one time a lot of fun but now it's all about $.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Even five years ago out here in California, it was expensive to get in a no-name show or a show in association with SDCC. I think it was $25 (one wanted more than that) and there were no promos of any kind. Attendees have to get something in return for splurging on that ticket, overpaying for parking, and settling for low-grade nachos. I think at least one of those shows is no longer in business with the promoter wondering why it didn't last.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post