Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Memorabilia 21-22 March 2015
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorabilia 21-22 March 2015
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
First big guests announced for this show, Tom Mison and Neil Jackson from Sleepy Hollow Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Jenny Hanley. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and Madeline Smith again :-)

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seriously though it does look like Em-Con the week before has got the cream of guests and dealers. Certainly it looks a lacklustre lineup for Memorabilia

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
Seriously though it does look like Em-Con the week before has got the cream of guests and dealers. Certainly it looks a lacklustre lineup for Memorabilia

well you are certainly right with the guests, the difference is amazing at the moment.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this show not clash with Collectormania Cardiff...?

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
Does this show not clash with Collectormania Cardiff...?

yes, that makes 3 big shows in 2 weeks, totally stupid.

posted Hide Post
Show masters trying to monopolise and scare off any other opposing organisers. Sad.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
I've had a look at Em-Con, and all I can see is a lot of the same faces from previous shows signing. I cant see any dealers listed, and I don't know any main dealers attending, and there's only 60 tables on the plan. I'm at London Super Comic Convention that weekend, so there's 4 conventions in 2 weeks which is a bit mental. I was also disappointed about Showmasters moving their Cardiff date to late March when they knew that was the Memorabilia weekend. 500+ Dealer tables sold out for the Memorabilia show in minutes when released, so I think that'll be the best place to find your cards, even if it's not from me Smile

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lets not also forget about Newcastle Collectormania the week after Memorabilia....That was massive in terms of people attending.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice that virtually every guest is Saturday only, sunday will be like a ghost town.

Picture of Alric
posted Hide Post
Colm Meany has been announced now as well which is great as I have a poster that is just missing his autograph Smile

I'm hoping it will be quiet on Sunday as I made the mistake of gouing on the Saturday in November and it was a nightmare getting in and around the place.

Posts: 176 | Location: Kent, England | Registered: August 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any idea if there will be new promos at these shows by Cult Stuff, Unstoppable, Umbrella Cards, etc ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The guest list is terrible for this event, must be desperate to start pulling in Eastenders cast!!! I would pay £20 to not have a photo with Ricky Groves but each to their own. I'll be along Saturday for the morning and will get an earlybird just so I don't have to stand for 2 hours queuing!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:

I would pay £20 to not have a photo with Ricky Groves

Sold. Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Good news. Smile

The show is being held in Hall 4 which is very close to the train station unlike the last one.

if going by car use the south car parks if possible.

Picture of Alric
posted Hide Post
Its unusual for them to move it to the other end of the building. Are the halls at that end smaller ?

Posts: 176 | Location: Kent, England | Registered: August 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
from what I can remember hall 4 is one of the larger ones.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think Hall 4 is the second largest, about 50% bigger than the one used in November.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They've obviously taken note of what happened with the crowds last time.