Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Memorabilia March 2013.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorabilia March 2013.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
March 16 / 17. NEC.

Only about 6 weeks to go until the show and the news on the guests appearing so far is

NIL! Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They have listed a few guests on the site today. Just the usual crowd, a few Dr Who actors and others.

They really need to attract some big names if they want to generate interest in the signers.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes the last time I bothered to get any autographs was when Angel Coulby of Merlin was there.

They don't have to get big name stars,just somebody interesting and different would be fine with me.

As an example the vast majority of the cast of Game of Thrones are British and from what I have heard willing signers who don't charge mega money.They have had a couple of them at the NEC but barely scratched the surface of what they could do.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Yes the last time I bothered to get any autographs was when Angel Coulby of Merlin was there.

Same here because she was charging special wolfie price............Free. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the MCM Comic Con has rather better taste in guests than the Memorabilia part of the show Roll Eyes .

At least one ticket gets you into both shows.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Primeval and Merlin. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jaime Murray and Lucy Brown added to MCM Comic Con Dance .Best guest list in a long time,just hope the two shows are close together and not at opposite ends of the NEC,that would be a long walk Eek .

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The two shows are in adjoining halls. Allthough they have seperate entrances there is no divide once inside.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
for Games of Thrones guests it looks like the wales comic con is the place to be

However Gary Dourdan, Shani Wallis, Jaime Murray, Samantha Fox plus a good selection of Bond and Who guests should make it a good Memorabilia/Comic zone. The icing on the cake are the artists there like Carolyn Edwards, Aly Fell and Al Davison

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Dont forget Matt Dixon, Huy Truong and the wonderfully tall and talented Paulina Vassileva all of whom will be attending and displaying at the show. We are working to get them all in the same place for the next November show along with a bunch of others, but we didn't get it organised in time for the March event. Matt and Aly are near us in section Y the others I believe are in the artists ally. Feel free to come along and ask Matt why he finds it so very hard to sign his name! We hope to have several tables of illustrators in the main area with us in November which should make things more fun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sci-FiPlanet,

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:

talented Paulina Vassileva who will be attending and dislaying at the show.

Is there a special section for dislaying? Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
One week to go, is anyone going to this? Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Would like to, but the TFL underground minions are against me Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yes - earlybird Sunday ;-)

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
yes - earlybird Sunday ;-)

Ahhhh you can't fool me, there is no early bird on a sunday. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Sadly no! but hopefully will be there in November.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will be there as usual Thumb Up .However as I mentioned to Wolfie I may well for the first time in a long time spend more time in autograph lines than walking round the halls.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well there is some great guests there so i understand that. I must get to see your purchases before you leave the show. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's getting closer to the Show. Starting to get ready, I usually leave it till Thursday night before I start to put my stuff ready for the Show.

I won't have any of the New Trek, as I stated in another post I've started to go for buying Master Sets so don't have any spare as I normally do after splitting cases.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Look forward to seeing you. Wavey