Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 24th & 25th, 2020
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 24th & 25th, 2020
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted
Would anyone be interested in getting together to trade promo cards?

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I would be up for a trade session.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
count me in

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
I'll bring my box of extras and my list of needs.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
Although it's not been announced on the show's Facebook page, Ed Webb has said on his Facebook page that there are "No shows for the foreseeable future." From that, I'm inferring that the Chicago show is cancelled.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Although it's not been announced on the show's Facebook page, Ed Webb has said on his Facebook page that there are "No shows for the foreseeable future." From that, I'm inferring that the Chicago show is cancelled.

Unfortunately, I think all shows will be cancelled this year. Frown

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:

I wouldn't go around inferring, it will get you in trouble.

No decision has been made on the Chicago show. Matter of fact, the promo cards shipped to me today and should be here by end of the week.

This is why I have contemplated having multiple ID's for Card Talk. So you can tell when I'm speaking for one of my different positions.

Foreseeable future is pretty vague, I know. Right now, I can't forsee much more than about a month ahead. And we have 5 weeks to go for Chicago. So Chicago is not on my immediate radar, believe it or not.

Both my wife and I do shows. We currently have had 5 events cancel, one in May already. I personally have thousands tied up in table fees for shows going into July. Many shows are not, or cannot, offer refunds. Instead most are offering to either reschedule or move your reservation to the next show. I also placed orders for product based on both sales at shows and income coming in from those shows. That's not looking too good at this point.

The Chicago show has not made a decision because we are blessed with low overhead while we wait. We don't have a huge guest list with money tied up in contracts. If we do cancel, we are also blessed to already have a show to fall into in October. But, the decision has not been made yet.

Enough rambling. But when I said an announcement would be made when the decision was made, I meant it. I have a short list of where to announce and Card Talk is on that list.

Be safe out there.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
It's unfortunate that "foreseeable future" was misinterpreted. Perhaps the Chicago show will still take place. If so, I hope that attendance won't suffer for fear of the coronavirus pandemic.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it was inevitable, but now it's official.

The Spring Show is cancelled.

Randy Siplon will be joining us in October!

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the bad news ED but as you say it was inevitable, nothing is going to take place anywhere for the next 3 months at least. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Well, today would have been the Chicago Show. Miss all my card collectin' pals. Shout out to Steve K., Greg G., Dave L., Paul M., Scott T., Kevin D., Joe L., and Mike K. Also the best dealers in the hobby - Ed, Kevin, Bob, Brian, Bill, and Iggy. Stay safe and see you in Oct.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don.
Definitely a bummer, but whacha gona do? Shake Head

Look forward to October... Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I will be glad to see everyone in October. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, definitely a downer day...thinking of everyone and will see you in October.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Not going to lie, didn't miss the drive.

Did miss the dinner with Friends on Friday.

Didn't miss the usual rush to get out of the room on Saturday.

Did miss seeing all my Chicago friends and customers, all of whom I hope are staying safe.

Didn't miss the cold, looks like it was in the 40s both days. We had our first 100 this weekend and I loved it.

Mark your calendars for October 9th and 10th, with the theme: Double the Promos.

Ed