Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    May 2013 NSU Card Talk Member Gathering
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May 2013 NSU Card Talk Member Gathering
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

We welcome all NSU Card Talk members and guest to the Card Talk Member Gathering at the May 2013 Philly Non-Sports Card Show.

This show's NSU Card Talk Member Gathering will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn (1787-B Airport Rd, Allentown, PA 18109), our host Hotel, in the Lehigh Valley Room. During this show's Card Talk member gathering, we'll be hosting an Artists' Q&A Panel featuring some of the exhibiting artists from the show (exhibiting artists at the show include: Matt Glebe, Mick Glebe, Rhiannon Owens, Sean Pence, Elaine Perna, Tony Perna, and Jeff Zapata) as well as Laura Inglis and George Wright. During the session, we'll talk about the "In Your Dreams" feature in the current issue of Non-Sport Update as well as the projects the various artists are involved in.

As usual, we'll discuss what's new with NSU at the start and offer up a few prizes at the close of the meeting. All registered Card Talk members (registered as of March 15, 2013) will be eligible to win any prizes we have. To keep things fair, once we give away a prize to one family member, husband/wife, etc. that will take that group out of the running for any other prizes.

The gathering will start at 8:15 on Sunday, May 5 and will last approximately one hour. Light refreshments will be served including coffee, donuts, and bagels.

We invite all Card Talk members (and their guests) attending the show to come to the gathering. Space will be limited and there is no cost to sign up. I have sent invites through the Eventbrite system to many of your who have attended previously.

HOW TO SIGN-UP
Please only sign-up if you can make it, as we hate to turn anyone away and then have empty seats. We're using the EventBrite system once again to facilitate sign-up:

NSU Card Talk May 2013 Member Gathering

When signing up, be sure to supply your "real" name and forum ID for each person you are RSVP'ing for (guests are welcome too - please be sure to supply guests full name for the name badges). The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, April 24, or while space permits. If anyone has any trouble with the sign-up process, please let me know.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
And I'm in Dance

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
And I'm in Dance

I thought they had blocked your name Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Sign-ups are going well. Smile Six hours in and nearly half of the tickets are gone already.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My representatives will be there from the UK however if they start any trouble i never heard of em. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! I have registered as well would have been sooner but I was flying back from Florida this morning. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Florida is GreatSmile

Signed up!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
I'm signed up (and bringing a guest - 1st timer)

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I'll be there too!

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Jo Anne and I will be there as well!

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I have a seat too! I'm looking foward to it.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the sign-ups so far. Should be a nice event.

Just a reminder....There's just about 9 or 10 days left to sign up. You need to sign up by Wednesday, April 24. There are 11 seats left. Don't delay.

posted Hide Post
Signed up...my first gathering!

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is the last day to sign-up. We have just 4 open spots.

http://nsucardtalk0513.eventbrite.com/

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see everyone again. See you all in a few hours.
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
Paul

In a few hours? no fair! Any dealers need help setting up tomorrow? I will just be hanging out in Allentown until saturday morning!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
Paul

In a few hours? no fair! Any dealers need help setting up tomorrow? I will just be hanging out in Allentown until saturday morning!

Hey, not to be a killjoy or a hard%$# but remember, it's only dealers in the room on Friday. We're pretty strict about it and have had to kick some people out previously.

Yeah, I know, I know...but there's no "nice" way to say that. Roll Eyes

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the confusion.
Let me clarify my statement....." a few hours" which is approx 36 hours for me, is, but, a tear drop of the sands of time in the hourglass, compared to the time between now and the last time I saw everyone out here.
See everyone Saturday morning. Take care,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd like to Thank the Tosers and All the Dealers , Manufacterers , Helpers and Artists
that were at Allentown ( and those that couldn't make it ) for providing such a great and outstanding show year after year ,

Philly has become a tradition and it's always nice to see friendly familiar faces

Thanks Again to Tony & Elaine Perna , who provided the Grand Prize Spellcasters set for Sundays card talk , and all the others who provided prizes to be given out , including Tom Breyer who provided countless promos both at the show , the Red Robin and Tilted Kilt , Thanks Again to You All ,

Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post