Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    May 2013 NSU Card Talk Member Gathering
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May 2013 NSU Card Talk Member Gathering
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't quite hear who donated the Razor duel autograph card I won but BIG THANKS. That's a great card and it went to a true BUFFY fan. Best prize I ever won at a meeting!

Also to BREYGENT for going the extra mile with the promos.

Did I leave a Batman promo at the Cryptozooic table? I must have dropped it somewhere. That's why I don't own a cell phone. I'm just too careless.

Thanks to those who traded me-you know who you are.

I just wish I could have gotten a Saturday pack with the other promos I missed out on but I guess they ran out. If anyone needs promos I would be happy to trade for Sat ones.

Need to hit that Mega or Powerball. I am still out of work and the bills are crazy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
I didn't quite hear who donated the Razor duel autograph card I won but BIG THANKS. That's a great card and it went to a true BUFFY fan. Best prize I ever won at a meeting!

Did I leave a Batman promo at the Cryptozooic table? I must have dropped it somewhere. That's why I don't own a cell phone. I'm just too careless.

I just wish I could have gotten a Saturday pack with the other promos I missed out on but I guess they ran out. If anyone needs promos I would be happy to trade for Sat ones.

Need to hit that Mega or Powerball. I am still out of work and the bills are crazy.

Which Razor dual auto did you get? Also, what else was given out as prizes at the gathering- I have to live vicariously though these posts!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:

Which Razor dual auto did you get? Also, what else was given out as prizes at the gathering- I have to live vicariously though these posts!

I was picked for a Bettie Page binder with 'Bettie Spaghetti' promo, 4 #91 card variants and a SF...plus 15 9 pocket pages.

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other prizes were Dracula sets, a few boxes (Marvel, Mars Attacks...more but not sure), a few sketches, Mars Attacks comic book #1, and some more that I can't remember. The last person picked received a "Spellcasters" bag that had an unopened set and the other inserts!

Everyone walked out with a prize!

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There were also some WonderCon swag bags courtesy of NL, t-shirts, uncut sheets of a couple of products (Sidekick maybe?) and bundles of card collecting supplies.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won a hobby box of the Wacky Packages series 7 cards. Topps was super generous with door prizes for the meeting.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I won a Cult-Stuff Dracula set, but I already had one so I gave it to Kurt from Monsterwax. Smile

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won a Bettie Page 2 binder from Versicolor..thanks Versicolor for the awesome prize!!!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks also to Sidekick for the packs given out to the artists who participated in the Card Talk Panel.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Amber Benson/Emma Caulfield dule card 5 made.

quote:
quote:

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any chance we can get pictures for those of us that didn't see these nice wins Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They are coming Harris was on the road entertaining our UK friends he was quite busy!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cheers! Thumb Up

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would be me, Frank. So glad it went to someone who will appreciate it Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mccheese8472:
I won a Bettie Page 2 binder from Versicolor..thanks Versicolor for the awesome prize!!!

That's great you won! Did you get the one with the random artist autograph card inside?

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks for donating such a cool card. It went to a good home.

quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

That would be me, Frank. So glad it went to someone who will appreciate it Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
I won a Garbage Pail Kids Binder. Not a collector so traded it for admission to the show. Hope I made the person I traded it to happy

The Card Talk gathering was very informative as usual and had a good time as the show as well. Had to leave early so didn't get a chance to see all I wanted. Will clear more time for the fall show

Thanks to all who put on and worked the show and thanks to all who donated prizes and provided promos.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I won a UK Dracula set to go with my UK promo's that I won in 2011.

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Even though I gave the prizes away, I'm really enjoying reading what everyone won. I guess I forget who won what nearly the moment after we hand them out. So it's cool to see them here and see what you did with them. Keep the posts coming.

I checked out the video taken at the member gathering and for once, it seems to have come out pretty well and shouldn't need too much work. I started working on it this morning and hope to have it ready to be posted next week.

Also....Chris, I did post some pictures this morning. They are not of the prizes but of the show in general. As Batman says, I was away earlier in the week so it took me a while to get to them. I also posted a whole other set of photos taken by Cliff Tooker on the Philly Show Facebook page. And I have yet another set from Kevin LePore to post here soon as well. Those will go in the photo thread.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
@ AWR - yes, GPK binder was a great trade - thank you! Smile

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post