Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    San Diego Cardtalk Gatherings
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Cardtalk Gatherings
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
We're meeting on December 13th at the Carmel Mountain Fridays around 12/noon.

So hope to see y'all there.

NL

Drat, I'm washing my hair then. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
See you all then! Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last minute change of venue:

We are at the Broken Yolk next door; TGIF in Carmel Mtn. is out of business! Eek

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Imagine our surprise when TGIF was no longer there! We had a great time though but missed you David.

We all had presents to share which were terrific however, the generosity of NSU, SIDEKICK & TOPPS really made it possible for me to share some really FABU promo cards with SD gang.

THANK YOU!!

We had a great holiday meetup/setup yesterday with good food, great cards and wonderful people.

Happy holidays to y'all and hopefully we'll meet together soon in 2015.

NL Surf Surf

PS We missed you Wolfie. Reschedule your flea bath next time Mr. Furry Paws. Big Grin

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Happy new year and let's get together next month! It will be south and can be at Gordon Biersch, MV Fridays, Tierrasanta Mexican ....or somewhere else just as long as we can spread out.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Excuse me while I hijack this thread for my own uses... Razz Seems like a good place to start with this question, and it's in the right forum...

IF someone Roll Eyes were to have a non-sport card show in the Southwest... Where would be the most central location to get the most people interested as possible? Confused

Not something that's going to happen tomorrow, but maybe one day sooner rather than later.

Thoughts?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Happy new year and let's get together next month! It will be south and can be at Gordon Biersch, MV Fridays, Tierrasanta Mexican ....or somewhere else just as long as we can spread out.

Sounds good! I will likely be driving to Burbank on the third Saturday next month (the 21st) but other than that I'm available to meet. I liked our meeting at Gordon Biersch that last time, so would be happy to go there again. What does everyone else think?

Hey Ed - we would love for you to come setup your road show in San Diego! Of course, you would probably get more exposure closer to LA, I think - maybe Anahiem?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey, I think there is a Phoenix Con but if it were Cali come to WonderCon as only 2 card people are there.

Also LA may get you a bigger number as well as North Cali. To repeat Debi, if close enough I'd come and help out if needed!

quote:

IF someone Roll Eyes were to have a non-sport card show in the Southwest... Where would be the most central location to get the most people interested as possible? Confused

Not something that's going to happen tomorrow, but maybe one day sooner rather than later.

Thoughts?

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Hey, I think there is a Phoenix Con but if it were Cali come to WonderCon as only 2 card people are there. What about Las Vegas?

Also LA may get you a bigger number as well as North Cali. To repeat Debi, if close enough I'd come and help out if needed!

quote:

Thoughts?

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I thought about Wondercon, too. Too late for this year but as Nat mentioned it would be nice to have more than two card vendors there. Was also wondering if it would be worth it for Ed to get booth space at Frank & Sons? I've never been there - although I've been meaning to go forever - so I'm not sure if there's a card presence there or not.

Also, if you come to SoCal and need some help setting up, etc. just ask!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thought about Frank & Sons too and Mark is there.

Originally posted by dcole:
Yeah, I thought about Wondercon, too. Too late for this year but as Nat mentioned it would be nice to have more than two card vendors there. Was also wondering if it would be worth it for Ed to get booth space at Frank & Sons? I've never been there - although I've been meaning to go forever - so I'm not sure if there's a card presence there or not.

Also, if you come to SoCal and need some help setting up, etc. just ask![/QUOTE]

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm probably not venturing into Cali this year, unless Wizard talks me into Sacramento and San Jose.

Still figuring out the nuances of sales tax in Arizona and Utah. Don't want to add Cali to that list right now, but it could happen.

I looked at WonderCon, but they are incredibly proud of their space. More so that Wizard.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gordon Biersch

As for the CT meeting, I like Gordon Biersch.
Drool

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finished writing my dissertation so I suddenly have a lot more time to meet up. Was a time and location chosen for the next meeting?

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
I finished writing my dissertation so I suddenly have a lot more time to meet up. Was a time and location chosen for the next meeting?

Nope. I think several of us liked Gordon Biersch again but no day was settled upon. I'll likely drive to Burbank this Saturday so it's looking like March? So far I'm wide open except for the weekend of the 27th thru the 29th - Monsterpalooza time again! Bouncey

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
March works well for me. I have a deadline on the first Friday and am pretty free after that.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry but have been uber busy this month. Any days except 3/7 & 3/14 works so let's pick a date for Gordon Biersch

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm out of town the last weekend in March so looking like the 21st if we want to meet on a Saturday. Otherwise, I am available on Sundays to meet, too. Smile

What about the rest of you guys?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3/21 is good for me too