Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philadelphia Comic Con Sunday April 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philadelphia Comic Con Sunday April 14
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Philadelphia Comic Con

Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly the Ramada)
76 Industrial Highway • Essington, PA 19029
Exit 9A Off I-95
(Access from Exit 8 is currently closed for Bridge Repair.)

Guests:
Parris Cullins (Blue Bettle, Blue Devil & more)

Darren Auck (Marvel, DC, Pacific & Black Bull Artist - Ren & Stimpy & More!)

Samuel Guerrero Jr (digital artist Engine 9 Studios)

Laura Inglis - artist on over 20 sketch card sets including Batman (Cryptozoic), Vampirella (Breygent), Dracula (Cult- Stuff); cover artist for By Your Side and Tesing the Prisoner (Firebringer Press)

And.... a replica of the 1960's Batmobile will be on hand.

You'll also be able to buy advance tickets for the NSU Non-Sports Card show.

If anyone is interested in getting a commission from me please contact me ahead of time. I have my own sketch card stock in addition to Artist Proof's from many of the card sets I've worked on.

For more information on the show go to: http://www.philadelphiacomic-con.com/

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Laura. Yes this will be an official site to buy those discounted advance tickets for the non-sports show in May.

Dealers on hand who carry a decent amount of non-sports are myself, Paul Zerman and Packcracker Ted. Along with about 20-25 other dealers who mainly stock comic books and related merchandise (like graphic novels, statues, supplies,artwork,etc.)

Darren Auck is also a profilic sketch card artist in his own right and was part of the Marvel Silver Age line (along with Robots and a whole bunch of other sets).

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darren is also an instructor at the Joe Kubert School for comic book artists so any aspiring artists come out and talk to Darren about it. He graduated there and wound up teaching there after a stint at Marvel Comics. I found out that Darren also worked on Marvel Creators Collection and The Complete Avengers. He will also be doing "Scaricatures" which is a drawing of you as your favorite monster. Show hours 10 to 4 but best to get there early to get any work done by our artists (Laura Inglis, Darren Auck, Paris Cullins and Sam Guerrero) as they will be busy ALL day. Don't forget about the Batmobile out in the parking lot.

After you get your picture taken outside in the car come into the hotel and we are in the ballroom. Admission is $3 per person.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: non-sportcards,

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post