Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Where do you get your cards from?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you get your cards from?
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
posted
Where does everyone get their cards from?

I am looking for some alternatives to ebay. I go to the Philly non-sport show but I seem to have bought everything they have that I need. The last time I went I was only able to get a few cards off my list.

Looking for other websites or shows within 2 hours of Southern New Jersey.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Realistically, if you can't find what you are looking for in Allentown, it's going to be tough to find anywhere else.

Are you looking for vintage, or new stuff that seems to be sold out?

If I knew what you were looking for there might be some specific direction to send you.

There's also an alternative site just starting up call The Card Market. They also have a feature for what you are looking for to cross reference what people have. Mostly modern stuff, but might be worth checking out: www.thecardmarket.com

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I primarily collect the 90's Marvel & DC stuff. Been trying to finish some of the MM sets for a while. For instance I need 1995 Holoflash Venom. One guy has it on ebay with a BIN of $70. If he would actually list it at auction he would be lucky to get half that. I know sellers have the right to ask whatever they want but at least be realistic.

My current want list is:
1994 MM
gold holofoil Punisher #6
bronze holofoil punisher #6, Scarlet Witch #7, Spider Man #8 and War Machine #10

1995 MM
Emotion #113, 149
holoflash venom #8
Mirage #1, #2

1996 MM
most of it. Was trying to finish the 94 and 95 before I focused on this

1994 DC Master Series
box topper from 12 pack box

2007 DC Legacy
a bunch of sketches

This is the highest priority of what I need. I have a good line on most of the bronze holofoils. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
you've listed some rare cards here

as Ed said, Philly is your best bet
as the majority of the dealers are there

you could also try the other forum
non sports card forum
http://www.nonsportscardforum.com/

hope its ok I posted that Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Try attending the San Diego Comic Con and San Franciso WonderCon for trading cards. They have plenty of card dealers. But remember to bring lots of money because they are looking to make lots of money off collectors! Or try comic book or sports card stores that sell non-sport cards!

Posts: 9 | Location: Vista | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post