Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Toy Fair. NEC. FEB 13th. REPORT>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toy Fair. NEC. FEB 13th. REPORT>
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Had a good day at the toy fair ( i can't resist that free car parking ) Big Grin allthough it rained all day long. Massive crowds for this show compared to normal, i think this was due to the christmas one being cancelled due to the snow so everybody came to this one.

Two or three dealers there selling cards which was good and lots of my favorite tables with signs on saying everything on this table is £1. Big Grin

Purchased dvd box sets of The West Wing series 1 and series 2. Each one was the full series on 6 discs and yes they were on the £1 table. Clap

One card dealer was selling just base sets, a whole table full, could have had Buffy 2 for £3 and didn't, probably should have done in hindsight.

Really enjoyed looking at all the various stalls selling every kind of toy going, modern and vintage, lots of trains and toy cars etc, models and artwork, not the sort of thing i collect but really nice to see what everybody else is collecting.

Anthony was there with his card stall and he had decided to target the kids for this show with all his Pokemon and Yu Gi O cards. He seemed to be doing well with this and hopefully getting some new kids into the hobby of card collecting.

We had a long talk together about the hobby and what is wrong with it and how we can put it all right, it's a shame we did not record it, i'm sure we must have made some sense at some time during it. Big Grin

5 hours later and back out into the rain, god it's still raining, it was lovely on the motorway i don't think.

Stopped off on the way back at the home of fellow cardtalker Triple-Frog who said he had some cards for me, about 8 cases worth as it turned out, should keep me busy sorting all that lot out, many thanks Richard, very kind. Clap

Back home and it's still raining. Roll Eyes

A good day out though and a few bargains to be going on with, luvly jubbly. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
report.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post