Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Film and Comic Con Birmingham (Collectormania) NEC June 1st-2nd 2019
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Film and Comic Con Birmingham (Collectormania) NEC June 1st-2nd 2019
 Login/Join

posted
The Film and Comic Con Birmingham (Collectormania) show is coming up in a couple of weeks, over the weekend of the 1st and 2nd June.

Lots of guests from Film and TV including Rutger Hauer, Brandon Routh, Iwan Rheon, Adam Baldwin, Laura Vandervoort and many others are due to be attending.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Umbrella Trading Cards will have tables there with cards from the latest releases.

If you are planning on visiting please come up and say hello if you have time.

Hope to see you there, Paul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Umbrella Trading Cards,

Posts: 24 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be there Wave . Only show I go to now Memorabilia has turned into a fancy dress competition Roll Eyes .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
me and four others are traveling down from Newcastle and will certainly call by and say hello ,be rude not to

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Is there anybody there? Knock once for yes. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Is there anybody there? Knock once for yes. Wavey

Knock Big Grin . I actually got some cards Eek at the show . Umbrella were there with a very good binder of autos and costumes at £3 each or 4 for £10 and I picked up six Prisoner autos ( Justine Lord, Annette Andre, Denise Buckley, Derren Nesbitt, and two different Norma West ) , Saffron Burrows from Agents of Shield, and Caron Gardner from The Saint. Derek was there as well and I picked up a GOT Birgitte Hjort Sorensen auto from him. Not a big part in GOT but she was brilliant in Borgen. I am going back tomorrow and will probably see both of them again provided I have any money left after buying signed photos.

Quite a good mix of TV, film, and sports celebrities at the show, I got photos signed by Faye Marsay and Natalia Tena from GOT, snooker legend Steve Davis, and Peter Lorimer from Leeds Utd . Laura Vandervoort had a big queue so I will see her tomorrow as well as Ian Whyte from GOT and Welsh rugby legends Gareth Edwards and Phil Bennett.

There were a lot of others I would have liked to get but my wallet has limits sadly Frown . Only real disappointment was the very small artists alley with no card artists at all that I could find.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the autograph cards, even i could have afforded those. Big Grin

I don't believe your wallet has limits. Big Grin

There is a big show on in Manchester, i know Carolyn is there, perhaps other artists too.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wolfie:
Congrats on the autograph cards, even i could have afforded those. Big Grin

Did you want me to get you some?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Did you want me to get you some?

Sure, i'll have anyone who is prettier than me. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Hi,
What card dealers were there? I may visit tmr. Not sure yet!
thanks!

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:
Hi,
What card dealers were there? I may visit tmr. Not sure yet!
thanks!

There are two, both of which I can highly recommend . Derek's Trading Cards has a large display of sealed boxes, binders with autos and costumes, and base sets. Umbrella Trading Cards has a smaller table with mainly individual cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just back from the show, much quieter than Saturday. Nice surprise in the queue to get in was staff handing out free A5 limited print X-Men Dark Phoenix posters. First stop was to get a ticket for Laura Vandervoort , then went back to Derek's table and got three Arrow season 2 autos ( Kelly Hu , Cynthia Addai-Robinson, and Celina Jade ) plus Prisoner and Under the Dome base sets. Next stop was Paul and Dawn at Umbrella Cards getting some autos for Wolfie and the Outlander season 3 chase sets for me. All of the cards I bought were the same price or less than the cheapest Ebay prices Thumb Up .

Then went back to the autograph section where there were only 4 people ahead of me for Laura Vandervoort. Even better when I got to her there was nobody behind so I was able to chat to her for a few minutes about the " We the North " cap she had on her table. She had been to her first Raptors game recently and really enjoyed it. Mentioned I was in Toronto at the same time but at a Blue Jays game ( tickets a lot cheaper! ). I then got a signed photo from Ian Whyte of Game of Thrones before having a look round the various autograph dealers and picking up some cheap deals.

Left around 11.30 and had a couple of pints at The Wellington ( just checking it was still there for you Wolfie Big Grin ) before going home.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was going to go, but every guest I was interested in seeing either cancelled or switched days. So I didn't.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post