Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Jersey Comic Con Christmas Spectacular
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jersey Comic Con Christmas Spectacular
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
posted
I just found this last night. Sorry if it was mentioned before but I did a search and didn't see anything.

http://jerseycomiccon.info/

I have to go since I could walk to the venue!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I might check into doing this show. I can stay at my sisters for free.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know about this show. They really didn't promote it much. Glass is the only guest I would probably get. Hope they can add more celebrities. Mark Texeria might be cool as well but he was charging to sign things at NYCC. I will keep my eye on their page to see if they add more people.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
My son wants to meet Ernie Hudson. He is a big Ghostbusters fan.

My neighbors' father owns the catering hall where this is being held. I might have to ask and see if I can get `backstage' so to speak.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone go to this.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I went. This was my first so I don't have anything to compare it to so this is all opinion. The show was small and there really wasn't a lot of comics for sale. The filled the entire venue so if it happens again and stays there it will be the same size. For comparison the NSU Philly show is around twice the size. Only one publisher was there (Zenescope I think) so only one exclusive to be had. Decent lineup of comic artists there. Some of the bigger signers cancelled which wasn't good since my son wanted Ernie Hudson's autograph and he cancelled and a WD artist cancelled who was going to do free sketches for kids.

For us non-sport card collectors there was almost nothing and that is being generous.

A lot of horror stuff was there. Don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if the promotors have something to do with the Cherry HIll horror show or at least have the same contacts.

Very few people dressed up that weren't working there. At a bigger show I am sure there would be more of this.

I went with my two children (10 & 5). My daughter got a print of the Spongebob cast as the Justice League, my son got a couple of Walking Dead action figures and I got the one comic exclusive.

All in all there was neat things to see but just not my interests. If it is there next year and the same vendors setting up I will pass unless there are some autographs I really want.