Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    San Diego Comic Con 2011
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Comic Con 2011
 Login/Join

Picture of TBear
posted Hide Post
Hey Batman, since you have vast resources at your disposal, is anyone organizing a gathering of CardTalkers this year? (Hint, hint)

Posts: 159 | Location: Maryland/USA/Earth | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I'm not doing it this year, Ted, but if someone wants to put something together, I would certainly attend. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
Any other attendees?

No. I'm not going. Frown

But it would be nice if some of you attendees think of your east coast brethren, when it comes to promos. Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
Any other attendees?

No. I'm not going. Frown

But it would be nice if some of you attendees think of your east coast brethren, when it comes to promos. Big Grin Thumb Up

me either... Shake Head

grab some extras!!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Has there been a list compiled yet of what venders/manufacturers will be there and where they will be located?

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be there! and I love to grab extra promos to trade. If anyone has specific promo cards they are lookig for outside of the regular 1 per day nonsport cards let me know about them and where they are and I'll be sure to grab some to trade with you!! Please for my sanity keep it to cards...
Thanks!

Posts: 14 | Location: Orange County | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
Has there been a list compiled yet of what venders/manufacturers will be there and where they will be located?

See here:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_exhib_1.php

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it would be nice if some of you attendees think of your east coast brethren, when it comes to promos.

Or those from other countries

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
SideKick will be at SDCC!

We have several different cards, and events, at the show.

The Art Hustle:
4 different cards embossed with a 2011 SDCC gold foil seal will
be given away to those who ask for them, available at DKE Toys
booth (#4728 in the Toy section).
A different card will be given out each day.
2 of them are Promo cards, and
2 are part of the regular numbered series, and have not
been released to the public yet. These are not part of
Series 2, but instead are the next 2 cards in numeric sequence.
http://blog.thearthustle.com/?p=1443

Ron English:
A special set of cards, available through ToyTokyo (booth #5437)
exclusively. These are a mini set, with 2 different fronts
and 3 different backs. Artwork is by Ron English, "Superboy"
and "McSupersized". The 8 different backs form a puzzle of another
Ron English artwork. Ron English and Morgan Spurlock will be at
the ToyTokyo booth at various times during the show for signing.
Harris did a nice writeup: http://www.nsu-magazine.com/si...rading-card-details/

SideKick:
We have a guest slot at a booth, 5pm Saturday booth #4397, where
we will give out promos, and have for sale Suckpax and The Art Hustle
cards.

I will be roaming the show the rest of the time.

For social media during the show:
Twitter: @sidekicklab
Foursquare: SideKickLab (experiment to see if it will work with booth
locations, for finding and being found)
I will try to post photos on http://www.sidekicklab.com in the evenings.

Posts: 4 | Location: Rutland, VT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Hope y'all have a fantastic time at the big one and t-r-a-d-e with ME when you get back?

OOOh I envy you peeps that are going....
But last year, I was in an enviable position... yes??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In case you didn't see the post over in the News & Rumors section, Cryptozic has said that their promos will be given out at the Warner Brothers, AMC and CBLDF booths.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....5604453/m/5917090706

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've taken all of the bits and pieces from things I've posted on the forum, others have posted, other info I've found online, and the previous blog posts and have come up with the list of booths trading card collectors should visit:

Comic-Con Roundup

I've also included links to a few sites those trading card collectors unable to attend should visit.

I did this pretty quickly so if anyone finds errors, please send me an email and I will update it. Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Breygent will be at Julio's Non Sportdepot booth 134 the first aisle at the show or if you go the other way the last aisle in the show

I have a limited edition Vampirella promo (700 made) to hand out and a Bettie Page (Versicolor) limited edition promo I am handing out stop by and say Hi

Thanks Tom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom, this is me stopping by and saying hi. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I really would like the new Tudors promo being given away in the Breygent packs.

Should anyone be purchasing them and have the promo left over, please email and we can work something out Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
USA Today has an article in today's edition that shows three Twilight Breaking Dawn promo cards, Bella, Edward, and Jacob. It does not say where the cards will be available, but I would think it will be at the Summit booth.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Twilight fans already lining up for Thursday's Comic-Con panel.

How much do you love Twilight? Probably not as much as the fans who are ALREADY lined up in San Diego for a Comic-Con panel on Breaking Dawn that won't be happening until THURSDAY!

Source: SciFi Wire

Not at all. Other stuff perhaps, but this would be a no. Those Twihards are dedicated I will give them that. Eek Me I'd want to see the Supernatural and SyFy Being Human stuff, that I would wait in line for. Thumb Up

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Breygent will be at Julio's Non Sportdepot booth 134 the first aisle at the show or if you go the other way the last aisle in the show

I have a limited edition Vampirella promo (700 made) to hand out and a Bettie Page (Versicolor) limited edition promo I am handing out stop by and say Hi

Thanks Tom

If Only I could - but Philly was my show in the US this year Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has posted their Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, and the CBLDF: Liberty Trading Card promos. They are available at AMC, Warner Bros, and CBLDF booths.

Here's a link to Cryptozoic' blog entry: Cryptozoic Entertainment: Puzzles and Promos

And here are the promo images:

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post