Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    San Diego Comic Con 2011
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Comic Con 2011
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Also....I've just heard that booth 1621 (Bloodfire Studios/Allegory Media) is giving away Speed Racer sketch cards.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Also....I've just heard that booth 1621 (Bloodfire Studios/Allegory Media) is giving away Speed Racer sketch cards.

WOW!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:

WOW!

I'm told that there are different backs on these...maybe six different. And that the exhibitor is giving away blank sketch cards when the artist is not at the booth. Confused

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

WOW!

I'm told that there are different backs on these...maybe six different. And that the exhibitor is giving away blank sketch cards when the artist is not at the booth. Confused

Probably so you can catch an artist at another location. I think that's pretty cool. Several artists will do a sketch card or quick sketch for free. Well, that's been my experience at other conventions. You can often get a pretty good sketch card for $0-$20.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Anyone got any info on the Artbox specials this year?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Graham:

I'm pretty sure Batman told me they were $75 this year and... (I hate to put words in his mouth) but that the contents were cool, but not as great as some years. He said he was hoping to have info about them in his next blog post, which will likely being going up tomorrow morning.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Another update ---> October Toys (booth #4838) is giving away complete sets of 9 Zombie trading cards in ziplock-type packaging

By the way...Any time I've learn of a new tip like this (thanks Larz!), I have been updating my original "Comic-Con Roundup" blog post.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Is the Walking Dead promo P3?

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its unnumbered. Details on The Walking Dead promos here: The Walking Dead Expands to 5 Promos

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Its unnumbered. Details on The Walking Dead promos here: The Walking Dead Expands to 5 Promos

Thanks Harris.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Harris, I didn't notice a thread on Walking Dead promos. Maybe it got bumped back a little. Anyways, I'll ask this question here.

Is there any more info on the P4? I thought the DVD is already out. Will it be an exclusive somewhere. Or maybe with Season 2 release?
Thanks

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

No specials cards at all this year. Just 100 Goodie Bags per day, and those are probably gone before the doors open for the non-exhibiting public.

There might be something special in selected Goodie Bags ($70 each), there's a "Bingo" contest with randomly inserted red balls, but I forgot what that got you.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:

No specials cards at all this year. Just 100 Goodie Bags per day, and those are probably gone before the doors open for the non-exhibiting public.

There might be something special in selected Goodie Bags ($70 each), there's a "Bingo" contest with randomly inserted red balls, but I forgot what that got you.

Actually Artbox is waiting until 10 a.m. to start the goodie bags this year. They have a generic "Artbox" card binder (not the usual con-exclusive HP one), a set of Star Wars "mask" fridge magnets, a HP retail tin, a box of HP cards a 3-pack with an autograph and 2 other pulls (usually a prop and some kind of case card) and either a mini master set or a crystal case topper. For the bingo, the red ball (of which there is one) gets you a Daniel Radcliffe autograph (I was told the winners on the first two days were small children, which was kind of nice), balls 2&3 won an Emma Watson auto, balls 4-6 won a Rupert Grint auto. Balls 7 through 36 (I think that's the right amount) won different autographs or sealed boxes.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:

Actually Artbox is waiting until 10 a.m. to start the goodie bags this year. They have a generic "Artbox" card binder (not the usual con-exclusive HP one), a set of Star Wars "mask" fridge magnets, a HP retail tin, a box of HP cards a 3-pack with an autograph and 2 other pulls (usually a prop and some kind of case card) and either a mini master set or a crystal case topper. For the bingo, the red ball (of which there is one) gets you a Daniel Radcliffe autograph (I was told the winners on the first two days were small children, which was kind of nice), balls 2&3 won an Emma Watson auto, balls 4-6 won a Rupert Grint auto. Balls 7 through 36 (I think that's the right amount) won different autographs or sealed boxes.

-Bob-

Thanks, Bob!

Maybe I gave the wrong impression, the bags won't be "gone," but lines tend to start forming before events begin. Artbox advised that you ought to be in the line at 9:30 (the time the doors open). Frequently at ComicCon the first people in line for rare items are other exhibitors who are already in the hall.

I was disappointed to see that there weren't any Con-exclusive sets. And they didn't have any sneak previews of DH Series 2. Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Not a thing regarding DH2.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post