Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Promos - October 2011
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Promos - October 2011
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Harris

What size are the Menkos cards, traditional cigarette size or traditional bookmark size or something different?

regards

John

John:

I am unsure as we do not have them in hand yet (the image above was supplied by SideKick). And I would imagine SideKick is setting up at New York Comic Con right now so I can't really ask them.

If you are still curious, you might ask me either late next week when we have the cards in-hand or early the week after.

Sorry I don't have more info for you, John.

No worries

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
They'll be no promo preview today or tomorrow. I have two other exciting groups of promos that are being worked on for Philly Show attendees from companies everyone is familiar with but until I feel more comfortable that we will definitely have them in hand, I won't post anything. If I get some advance previews, I will post them next week.

And even beyond that, there are some other surprises as well. Smile

Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
They'll be no promo preview today or tomorrow. I have two other exciting groups of promos that are being worked on for Philly Show attendees from companies everyone is familiar with but until I feel more comfortable that we will definitely have them in hand, I won't post anything. If I get some advance previews, I will post them next week.

And even beyond that, there are some other surprises as well. Smile

Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend.

Thinking of that Carly Simon song, "Anticipation."

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Not an official 'promo' as such as it it not regulation trading card size, but I will have a very limited number of UK CardCast stickers available to anyone who sees me at the show and says "Hello"!
(It looks a lot like
<------------------- Big Grin)
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
How about if someone asks you if you would like another pint? Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I'll say "Yes, Please!"
Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
Not an official 'promo' as such as it it not regulation trading card size, but I will have a very limited number of UK CardCast stickers available to anyone who sees me at the show and says "Hello"!
(It looks a lot like
<------------------- Big Grin)
Au Res.,
Paul

I will most definitely try to locate you at the show and politely say Hello. And then ask you for the "UK CardCast" sticker.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just in time for the Philly Non-Sports Card Show this weekend (October 22-23), we've got word that Rittenhouse Archives will be handing two further promo cards in addition to the Marvel Universe 2011 I posted previously.

Above are Star Trek Classic Movies Heroes & Villains and The Complete Brady Bunch Trading Cards. The Star Trek promo is numbered P4 and The Complete Brady Bunch promo is numbered P2. They will be given away at the Rittenhouse Archives tables.

Hope to see lots of folks at the show.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool Brady Bunch promo! Thumb Up Over 12 promos at this point, more depending on how you count the sidekick promos. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Please save me a promo card. Big Grin

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone who is attending the show would be willing to buy a second admission ticket, in order to pick up a second pack of promo cards, I would be willing to buy/trade/make it worth your while to send me the promos. Please let me know at zoesfriend@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
They are VERY Nice

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Posted 11 different promos that will be given out at the show.Look under Vampirella and Red Sonja (News & Rumors) will also have 1 Dexter Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Awesome cards! Thanks, Tom! Smile Thumb Up

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Please let them be availble cheaply on e-bay

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Is there any way for non-attendees to get some of these? As in paying for an admission via a Con goer or something?

Would the card companies be willing to put together non-attendee packs?

I know the purpose is to attend the Convention to get these, but not everyone can do that so...in the spirit of trading cards for the masses <g> any chance of offering a way to get some for the non-attendees?

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anthonyd:
Hi all,

Is there any way for non-attendees to get some of these? As in paying for an admission via a Con goer or something?

Would the card companies be willing to put together non-attendee packs?

I know the purpose is to attend the Convention to get these, but not everyone can do that so...in the spirit of trading cards for the masses <g> any chance of offering a way to get some for the non-attendees?

The manufacturers are usually pretty generous by letting attendees pick up more than one promo, unless it's a real short-print. So, attendees have the extras, and they are TRADING cards. Should be easy to find an attendee since there are over 50 Card Talk members going to the gathering.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Good luck with that. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Good luck with that. Big Grin

I can hope Big Grin

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I suspect someone may be able to help you out, Hammer! Wink