Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Promos - October 2011
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Promos - October 2011
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We'll have a bunch of promotional cards to announce over the month ahead leading up the Philly Non-Sports Card Show being held October 22 & 23 at the Merchants Square Mall in Allentown, PA.

I'll be posting the first one tomorrow but need a thread address so I'm placing this placeholder tonight. Yeah....not all that exciting...so move along and come back tomorrow. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
oh, I'm excited !

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
It's tomorrow Bouncey

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, here's our first promo card announcement.....This one is not a trading card, but a postcard. ShopTopps.com has made an exclusive Wacky Packages Wacky Halloween 2011 Postcard to give away. The postcard will be given away while supplies last with your paid admission to the show and strictly limited to one per person. The postcard can be seen below and features art on the front by Neil Camera. The original concept was by Mark Parisi.

We also have some other Wacky Packpages and Philly announcements that you can read elsewhere here on the forum or on the blog today:

The Philly Show Goes Wacky!

Thanks! Look for more cards to be posted here soon.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
very nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here is the next promo preview of a card that will be given away at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show:

This is a Spook Show promo from Monsterwax. The card is number Promo 4. It will be given away with paid admission to the show.

I'll have a bunch of other promo card previews like this to post over the next couple of weeks.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Whhhaaaaaa i want that one. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's a cool promo, especially since it's Halloween season! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here is the next promo preview of a card that will be given away at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show:

This is a Classic Mythology promo from Perna Studios. The card is numbered P1. It will be given at artist Meghan Hetrick's table, who also is the artist for the card. Tony has pasted on Facebook that the card is "extremely limited." I will post Tony's complete post describing the series at the bottom of this post.

I'll have a bunch of other promo card previews like this to post over the next couple of weeks.

Classic Mythology
Perna Studios is very excited to announce our very first trading card set entitled Classic Mythology. This set will focus on 6 timeless Classic Mythologies that we have all come to love and enjoy during our lifetime. The mythologies spotlighted in this set are Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Celtic, Japanese and Hindu. We have an impressive list of artists involved on this set working on both base/promo cards and sketch cards. We will have 2 promo cards to start off with.

This beautiful painting of the Egyptain God Horus by artist Meghan Hetrick (www.meghanhetrick.deviantart.com) will be our first promo card for this set. Meghan will be giving these away for free at her table at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show running October 22-23rd 2011 in Allentown PA. These cards will also be extremely limited.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful card, 3 promos and counting, keep them coming, Harris! Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
That's a beautiful card, 3 promos and counting, keep them coming, Harris! Big Grin

Thanks Batman.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

This is a Grimm Fairy Tales promo from 5FINITY. The card is numbered 5GFTA and features art by Scott Campbell and Nei Ruffino. It will be given with paid admission to the show.

Here is the hitch....and it's a good one. While this card is not exclusive to the Philly Show (it will also be given away at the New York Comic Con the week before), 200 cards will be embossed with the Philly Non-Sports Card Show logo and those will go to the first 200 paid show admissions. Once the first 200 cards are gone, everyone will get a regular version (while supplies last).

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Also, if you would like to see list of all promos posted so far along with the rest of the info (where they will be given away, the artists for each card, etc.) take a look at this page on our website.

And finally, if you need help at the show tracking all of the promos down, NSU Pricing Guru and Promo Card Columnist Bill DeFranzo will be your friend! He is preparing a list of where you can find each card and what is available so find him at the show to find your list.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats another promo that i would love, embossed of course. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Pretty nice bunch of cards, so far.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Another great promo, nice of that Bill DeFranzo character to assemble a list for everyone! Thanks Bill and Harris! Thumb Up

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've got some really cool promos to post. I think everyone will be loving Thursday's and Friday's cards and I have some great ones to post next week as well.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Another great set of promo's Thumb Up