Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Denver Comic Con
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted
Weekend before last Denver had it's second Comic Con Convention. Last year we had a few small guests and they expected 5-7000 to come. They had 27000 show up.

This year they planned a head and thought they might get 30-45000. 61000 showed up!! There was only one Non-Sports dealer (K&J) and he did rather well.

I am hoping that next year we can get a few of the manufacturers to come out support the show and give Denver a few exclusive cards. We are now the 4th largest Con in the country and can only grow from here.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I was cleaning up the office and found this (totally forgot I had it):

The Saturday Badge from Denver Comic Con last year, drawn by Jason Sobol.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Huge announcement made today

Stephen Amell aka Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
From CW's Arrow has just been added to the celebrity lineup.

This is turning into an even better con than I had hoped

NON-SPORTS COLLECTION

Castle Complete Set (55/55=100%!)

Posts: 9 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: June 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen that yet, Great News!

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I love the Dalek badge. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmcdjj37:
I hadn't seen that yet, Great News!

There was also a cool Mumm-Ra one. I was able to get Wil Wheaton to autograph it!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested.

Just Announced:
Star Trek The Next Generation Reunion hosted by William Shatner for Saturday June 14th.

Guests include:
Levar Burton
Jonathan Frakes
Michael Dorn
Gates McFadden
Marina Sirtis
Denise Crosby

unfortunately Wil Wheaton, Brent Spiner, and Patrick Stewart had prior engagements Frown

but still pretty exciting.

NON-SPORTS COLLECTION

Castle Complete Set (55/55=100%!)

Posts: 9 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: June 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
Another great announcement for Denver.

Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
For those of you in the area, Mile High Comics is doing a pre-con party at their Jason St Mega Store on June 12th starting at 5pm.
They should have a good assortment of guests there, it's a perfect opportunity to get some autographs before the con starts.

As of right now here are the people that are confirmed to be there:

George Perez
Neal Adams
Lou Ferrigno
Tone Rodriguez
Monty Moore
Greg Horn
Dan Conner
Tony Fleecs

Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
The show was a huge success! The best part by far was this cover I had Ms. Owens do for me: