Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show - October 16 + 17 [NEW LOCATION]
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Non-Sports Card Show - October 16 + 17 [NEW LOCATION]
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Do you know if there is cell service inside the building?

Sorry, I don't have that info.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
We will be holding a Card Talk member gathering and it will take place at the Hampton Inn & Suites. You can find details here:

Card Talk October 2021 Member Gathering

GREAT News

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm all about Star Trek, and I'm working on my main cast autograph collection. My enjoyment won't depend on trading, though. Smile

Thanks to all who answered me!

quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
I always bring cards to trade. I have even traded many of the dealers there. I always bring a binder with me of stuff. What kinds of things are you looking for?

quote:
Originally posted by JMH710:
I've never been to this or any other show and I don't know how it works, so I'm hoping the good folks here can answer a few questions for me.
Should I bring cards to possibly trade/sell? Does everyone take credit/debit cards or do I need cash? Is there anything else I should know which will make the experience more fun?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Posts: 27 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm all about Star Trek, and I'm working on my main cast autograph collection. My enjoyment won't depend on trading, though. Smile

quote:
I always bring cards to trade. I have even traded many of the dealers there. I always bring a binder with me of stuff. What kinds of things are you looking for?

quote:
I've never been to this or any other show and I don't know how it works, so I'm hoping the good folks here can answer a few questions for me.
Should I bring cards to possibly trade/sell? Does everyone take credit/debit cards or do I need cash? Is there anything else I should know which will make the experience more fun?

Thanks in advance. Smile

If someone comes to my table with something on my want list I am more than happy to buy or trade with them.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks in advance. Smile

If someone comes to my table with something on my want list I am more than happy to buy or trade with them.
’’]

Agreed IFish73 - Back when I was only a collector I did some good trading(and buying) from a few dealers at the Philly show. Looking forward to my first show as a dealer.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, this is good to know!

Posts: 27 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I have been posting some of the promo cards that will be available at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show taking place in two weeks on Facebook. And some have been shows in our email blasts. Here's some additional news.

We are excited to have Rittenhouse Archives back at the show. They will have four cards to hand out to collectors (one set per person).

Star Trek Discovery Season 2 P2 (Philly Show exclusive)

Game of Thrones: Iron Anniversary Series 2 P1 (general distribution)

Game of Thrones: Iron Anniversary Series 2 P2 (convention promo)

Doctor Who Series 11 & 12 PT1 (general distribution)

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:

Agreed IFish73 - Back when I was only a collector I did some good trading(and buying) from a few dealers at the Philly show. Looking forward to my first show as a dealer.

Wish I could be at the show to buy from you

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic announced two days ago that
Outlander Trading Cards Season 5 are coming in 2022, and they'll have an exclusive Promo Card at the show (299 cards).

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Someone should ask them about Infinite Earths and Middle Earth first. They had zippo news on Outlander in any of their communications and then they just dropped it the week before Philly. Good news to generate for Outlander fans obviously, but CZE can't have wanted to go into a non-sport card Q&A with only what we have been hearing lately.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
As posted above, Cryptozoic Entertainment will be giving away a Philly Show exclusive Outlander Season 5 promo card. The promo is limited to just 299 cards on a first-come, first-serve basis (and limited to one per person). Cryptozoic will be giving away other promo cards in addition to the Outlander promo card and will have the spin-to-win wheel once again as well.

The 75th Philly Non-Sports Card Show takes place this weekend, October 16 & 17, at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center (Hall E) in Oaks, PA. More info can be found at: phillynon-sportscardshow.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
As posted above, Cryptozoic Entertainment will be giving away a Philly Show exclusive Outlander Season 5 promo card. The promo is limited to just 299 cards on a first-come, first-serve basis (and limited to one per person).

299 is a weird number to land on... why not just go for 300? Would be nice if they're serial numbered!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
As posted above, Cryptozoic Entertainment will be giving away a Philly Show exclusive Outlander Season 5 promo card. The promo is limited to just 299 cards on a first-come, first-serve basis (and limited to one per person).

299 is a weird number to land on... why not just go for 300? Would be nice if they're serial numbered!

Ted: I've seen the card backs and I believe they are serially numbers. They have a text area saying "______ / 299"

I am not sure why they chose 299.

Sounds like they have some other cool promos to give away as well, including one that they haven't given me any details about. Eek

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Glad to see Crypto with new releases. I really hope they are able to rebound.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's one more! T Breyer Unique is giving us four different promo cards. One random card will be inserted in each promo pack while supplies last. The cards promote T Breyer Unique's two upcoming releases: Monsters, Aliens & Witches and Golden Age of Dare. The photos show the front and backs of the four promos.

The 75th Philly Non-Sports Card Show takes place this weekend, October 16 & 17, at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center (Hall E) in Oaks, PA. More info can be found at: phillynon-sportscardshow.com.

As a reminder, all Philly Non-Sports Card Show attendees over the age of 12 must show proof of vaccination to attend. Please see the website for further Covid-19 protocol information.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What!?!?! New stuff from Tom!

Can't wait to see what he's producing.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
There are some great promo cards there. I really wish I could be there too!

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Those cards are really attractive. Wish I could be there.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
are we there yet?....are we there yet? Bouncey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post