Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show - October 16 + 17 [NEW LOCATION]
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Non-Sports Card Show - October 16 + 17 [NEW LOCATION]
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We are excited to announce the next Philly Non-Sports Card Show will take place October 16 & 17 at our new location, the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oak in Oaks, PA (Hall E). More details about guests, hotels, etc. will be coming soon. We are very excited to get back to (show) business! We hope to see you there.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! It will be good to be back!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Sounds exciting! Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great News - hopefully one day I'll be allowed to travel to USA

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

There is that restraining order...

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Awesome news! Hoping my schedule lines up so I can set up this time.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

There is that restraining order...

HARSH Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's been temporarily withdrawn as they need somebody to put the banner up. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
That is excellent news.

I will have two vaccines injections by then. I hope the border is open by then.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will also have both vaccines by then as well, and also hope the border is open! Dance

Posts: 71 | Location: Province of Quebec | Registered: March 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know that the Expo Center is a big complex. Will this be an expanded show with potentially more dealers, or will it be a room similar in size to the Merchant's Square Mall room? I've only ever been there for the Comic Con, but I've seen smaller shows taking place simultaneously in a different part of the building.

I just saw that Monster Mania is happening there the following weekend. With the place being as big as it is, I wonder if both shows happened at the same time how much spillover from Monster Mania there could potentially be? Especially if there were guests again, like Walter Day or the Benchwarmer girls, I could easily see increased interest in the show.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a great idea. There used to be a big collectibles show in San Mateo. A music memorabilia show started running the same weekend at some point. I certainly went to both even finding cards at the music show.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I know that the Expo Center is a big complex. Will this be an expanded show with potentially more dealers, or will it be a room similar in size to the Merchant's Square Mall room? I've only ever been there for the Comic Con, but I've seen smaller shows taking place simultaneously in a different part of the building.

I just saw that Monster Mania is happening there the following weekend. With the place being as big as it is, I wonder if both shows happened at the same time how much spillover from Monster Mania there could potentially be? Especially if there were guests again, like Walter Day or the Benchwarmer girls, I could easily see increased interest in the show.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Has anyone reserved a hotel room yet? The three locations linked on the Philly show website have different prices than the website says. Maybe there is a set number of rooms at that price?

When I tried to reserve a room at the Hilton Garden Inn it came up as $261 a night.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I did a while ago and got the show price.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
TRU by Hilton had the special rate so I reserved a room there.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

When I tried to reserve a room at the Hilton Garden Inn it came up as $261 a night.

I just want a room for the night, i don't want to buy the hotel. Eek

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess no Card Talk meeting?

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You main show page has bare bones info. Any guests?

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:

From an email:

Three top notch artists have been waiting since May of last year to show off their art. Come see Ingrid Hardy, Robert Jimenez, and Lily Mercado. Also, look for artists David Gross and Smokin' Joe on hand at the show.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:

From an email:

Three top notch artists have been waiting since May of last year to show off their art. Come see Ingrid Hardy, Robert Jimenez, and Lily Mercado. Also, look for artists David Gross and Smokin' Joe on hand at the show.

Yes, this is correct. We are planning five guests at the show:
  • David Gross
  • Ingrid Hardy
  • Robert Jimenez
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Lily Mercado

Also, Mark Pingitore will be on-hand. He will be set up under his company, Magic Marker Art.

The following auction and card companies will exhibit:
  • The Collector Connection
  • Cryptozoic Entertainment
  • Magic Marker Art
  • Rittenhouse Archives
  • SideKick Trading Card Publishing

By the way, Ted....Thanks for posting this. And whoops! I accidently edited your post instead of responded to it. Bad me. I put it back but it still has the edited note.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post