Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Dragon Con, Sept 2-4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragon Con, Sept 2-4
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone going to Atlanta this weekend ?

Crypto will have an exclusive Gorilla Grodd promo for the FLASH set there, about 250 made

75 handed out each day

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I used to go but the cosplay crowd has made it near impossible to get tickets and the cost of tickets has gotten out of control. To get a hotel nearby is nearly impossible.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's similar to what happened at the San Diego Comic-Con. I went 1998-2001. Tickets were about $25/day with a discount if you got the 3-day pass. I think in that time they started doing that preview night too. At SDCC it wasn't the cosplay crowd in particular but all the fans of anything entertainment plus the hipsters wanting to go. It was already tough getting a place to stay back then.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post