Tony Caruso -Sudden Passing

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5336067952/m/9427097966

March 24, 2014, 11:44 AM
Bill DeFranzo
Tony Caruso -Sudden Passing
I just received the following from Tony's wife:

Good Morning All,

It is with a heavy saddened heart that I write this e-mail. My beloved husband Tony passed away suddenly Saturday night. He took a fall at our country club 2 weeks ago and tore his left quad. They had to operate and he came through the operation fine, but they think he had a blood clot thrown to his lung or heart from the surgery. I have requested an autopsy and won't get the results for at least 6 weeks. In a matter of hours, my life was thrown upside down. We were making our bucket list for our upcoming retirement. Tony had a large circle of friends and I am trying to reach out to some that I could find e-mails.  If you know of anyone I have missed, please let them know.  He enjoyed doing shows and seeing everyone. Tony was an organ donor so he will have helped someone who was in need.  Per Tony's wishes, there are no calling hours or funeral.  He is being cremated and I will be doing a "Celebration of Life" at a later date.  There&nb sp; will be an announcement in the Boston Globe when arrangements have been completed.

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
March 24, 2014, 06:58 PM
Don Norton
Rest in Peace Tony.
March 25, 2014, 12:41 AM
Scifi Cards
Wow, I'd just communicated with him last week. That really hits close to home.

Condolences to the family.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

March 25, 2014, 03:11 PM
Bill DeFranzo
I posted the following elsewhere in CT after last November's GBSCCC Convention.

Went on Friday. Found some eclectic odds and ends on Tony Caruso's table, said "Hi" to Byrna" and found a handful of vintage cards including 3 short-print Roundup in great condition at long-print prices. It's a sports show but I never leave empty handed. 200 dealers, 600 tables.

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)