Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  User Announcements    ST Lottery tickets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ST Lottery tickets
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted
10 states are having lottery tickets with Trek images.
SO far we know of Texas, Idaho, Kansas and NC. Anyone else seen any?

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm searching around google right now. So far I've found South Dakota:

http://lottery.sd.gov/games/scratch/details/?id=240

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I want a winning ticket, I don't care who's on it. Big Grin

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Wow, South Dakota...I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone there!!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just found Rhode Island:

http://www.rilot.com/instant.asp

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just finished searching every state's lottery site. Last one I could find was West Virginia:

http://www.wvlottery.com/games...nts.aspx?game_id=693

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed with your diligence! I can help with NC, but I need SD and RI for sure...WV likely as well.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Well, you all have a friend here in RI.

Here's what I wrote on Amok Time's FB page...

I called the Rhode Island Lottery commission today and talked to a very nice gentleman named Angelo. He said that RI started dispersing these Star Trek Lottery tickets last Friday {April 19} and it's going to take a few weeks to get them in all participating stores. He also said that this particular lottery program will run until they are all gone or roughly a one year run.
According to the website, the tickets are $2 each. If anyone wants some, just send me a private message and we'll work something out.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Also, is every particapating state getting a different lottery ticket / picture. The picture on the RI's website shows the TOS Enterprise.
Like Scotty said, "No bloody A, B, C, or D!" LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
It's really weird. NC has 5. Texas has 4 I've been told. A few states only have one.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Looks like Rhode Island just has the ONE Star trek lottery ticket, of the classic Enterprise, on a golden colored card. I've bought four tickets {one was a $10 winner} from two different locations and they've all been the same card.

On a side note, I left a voice mail at the RI Lottery Commission asking if there are variants to this game/ticket. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I'll let you know what their answer ASAP.

Again, If anyone wants them please feel free to contact me at RITrekkie@cox.net

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I just heard back from the RI Lottery Commission and they said and I quote, "...there's just the ah original Enterprise. We figured that was the one that people would most recognize. Some other states have printed a {different} ticket[s]and they might have other scenes, but we do not."

So, the state of Rhode Island just has the original Enterprise on a golden colored ticket.
But other states have opted to do other versions of this game.

The game number for this RI Star Trek lottery is # 782.

I'm going to the Philly Show next weekend. See you there.

Fred

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Here's the final (that I know of!!) list with pictures of the lottery tickets.
http://www.jklm.net/atn/2013lottery.htm

The original article said 10 states. I found 8 total, one of which was from Canada. So, I don't know if the article was wrong, if a few states opted not to do it or I just didn't find them.
It surprised me that they never showed up on Ebay. Stuff form the first two runs did but not the 2013.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
It surprised me that they never showed up on Ebay. Stuff form the first two runs did but not the 2013.

eBay removes lottery tickets immediately, so if any were listed they were probably removed. I tried to sell a few Mountain Dew caps with Call of Duty xp points on them and eBay removed them within seconds because they considered them lottery tickets. Even emailing and telling them they were not didn't matter -- they just threatened to ban me if I relisted. I have to imagine actual real lottery tickets would be pulled right away.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
In the UK we have auctions for lottery tickets but now I think about it they are allways used ones which have had the panels scratched off, I guess ebay would not object to these.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:

eBay removes lottery tickets immediately, so if any were listed they were probably removed. I tried to sell a few Mountain Dew caps with Call of Duty xp points on them and eBay removed them within seconds because they considered them lottery tickets. Even emailing and telling them they were not didn't matter -- they just threatened to ban me if I relisted. I have to imagine actual real lottery tickets would be pulled right away.

Wow, I had no idea! That would surely explain it!