Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  User Announcements    Script error when loading pages??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Script error when loading pages??
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted
Within the last 2 weeks, I have started to get script errors when loading any page in Card Talk. This does not happen on the home page links.
I get the same error every time:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete."

Script: http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js:5

The page freezes, stops responding, then I get the error. I just stop the script running and I can use that link only. If I change to another link, I get the same error. I use Firefox for my browser. I have been using it for over a year. I don't have a Twitter account.
Any suggestions?
Thank you

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I've been having the same problem, just the past few days or so.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I'm going to inquire with Social Strata and see if they can shed any light on this. I will report back here when I hear something.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I was asked by Social Strata to get info from you both (and anyone else who might be having this problem). If you don't mind, could you either email me or post here the following:

- What browser are you using and version number

- Are you on a PC or Mac?

- What operating system and version number (i.e. Windows 7, OS X Version 10.7.5, etc.)

Thanks!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ditto the problems.

- What browser are you using and version number
Firefox 19.0

- Are you on a PC or Mac?
Mac

- What operating system and version number (i.e. Windows 7, OS X Version 10.7.5, etc.)
OS X 10.6.8

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I'm exactly the same as Ted: Firefox 19.0, Mac & OS X 10.6.8

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think you have winner there. Big Grin

I'm IE, PC and XP, and I have noticed nothing wrong.

I hate it when out of the blue you are suddenly incompatable with a website that you've always used. It happened to me recently when Walmart changed something on its site and many people, including me, couldn't get through the checkout for five days.

At first you always think its on your end, but more and more its due to website upgrades that don't work with the various older versions or very new versions of programs that users may be running.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I am using Firefox version 19.0
My operating system is Windows Vista Home premium
Service Pack 2 - 64 bit operating system.
This is a PC.
Thanks Harris for the help.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hmm....I wonder if it's a Firefox version 19 issue? I have just submitted this to Social Strata for their review. When I have something to pass on, I will post.

Out of curiosity, if any other Firefox users out there are reading this, are you having this issue? Regardless of "yes" or "no", what version are you using??

Myself, I am a Chrome user but I do have Firefox on my system. I just checked and I have version 18.0.2. It seems to be working fine with Card Talk (I used it to make this post).

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Social Strata is looking into the problem. From what we could tell, it only affect Firefox users and only those using version 19, which has just recently come out. There is no easy solution and so for now, I've had to turn off the forum's Twitter and Facebook features on each thread. Hopefully they will get this figured out and we'll bring those features back. If anyone has any further trouble with this, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Wanted to let everyone know that this has been fully resolved. Social Strata went above and beyond and tracked this down to a bug on Twitter's part in their script. They were in contact with both Mozilla (Firefox) and Twitter. Mozilla confirmed this as a bug in Twitter's code and was able to get them to correct it. Our Twitter function has been reactivated.

I am really impressed with Social Strata's customer service. Very, very impressive.

If by any chance any of you who are using Firefox are having trouble again, however, please let me know...either here or by email.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the help Harris. No more issues on my end. Everything is working perfectly.