Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Y the hassles ???
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted
Here at NSU, I had hoped to belong to the "Family", but whenever I try to help in making corrections and talk to members, all I sometimes get are problems. With my insomnia, I stay up around the clock and do a lot of reading of the NSU magazine. I have found typing errors (Mickey Roonie as Mickey Rooney, Cards with different #'s listed that are different than the ones I have or other cards with the wrong promo #'s. And yet I get hassled with for trying to help out here. No one asked me to do this, but I try to add the corrections here in hopes that they "Might" get corrected. So, now what do I do ?? Help or just forget it? Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Harris is 1 of them.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Me? What did I do? Confused Was it because I said you like posting about our errors earlier tonight? Unfortunately, the reversed images can not be corrected. I really wish they could. I do. I'm upset that they got printed this way.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
When was the last time I posted about errors ? The same errors every 2 months in the price guide and nobody else notices ???? Confused

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you posted about errors in the price guide before, but we'd love it if you send us an e-mail about them. Please send to me or Bill.

What I was referring to was you also posted about a mistake in another issue where the small type in our subscription coupon had a digit printed incorrectly. That was also already printed and also couldn't be corrected, unfortunately.

No one likes their errors publicly pointed out. So if I get a little defensive, well, there you go.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Then how do u know about the errors if nobody says anything about them ??? Others might not state the problems/ printing errors, then how would they be corrected for future issues ?? Private messages?????????

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Mr. E, you spelled "u" wrong, it's spelled "you", lol!! Just trying to lighten the mood, I know Harris and NSU take great pride in the magazine, and they have always been receptive to constructive feedback over the years. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
YOU

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Mr E - I am sure NSU do like to be notified of errors but in private - e-mail your observations rather than point them out in a public forum. There is a "Contact us" area on the NSU front page for submitting price guide corrections and contacting the magazine. Nobody likes having errors highlighted in public but they do appreciate a gentle reminder in private Smile

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Looks like people have something to hide.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There are errors in the magazine and the price guide, i'm sure if i looked through any newspaper or magazine i would find errors.

There is no point in pointing out errors unless they will cause an ongoing problem.

For example, if the error is a card number or set refrence in the price guide then i'm sure Bill would like to hear about it via the submission form so that he can put it right for future issues.

If it was a competition or instructions to go to somewhere that was wrong then you should inform Harris so that he can do a post if neccesary to warn people that it is wrong.

However, if it is a backwards picture or some text which has not come out correctly then there is no point alerting anyone as it is far too late to do anything about it apart from sack the magazines proof reader. Big Grin

Who is the magazines proof reader?

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had hoped to belong to the "Family"

I think you're reading far too much into the replies you're getting to your posts, I've only posted a couple of hundred times in almost 10 years but I still feel part of the 'Community'.

I recognise most peoples names and avatars, yours included, but I don't expect everyone to read my infrequent posts. Harris read your post and replied to it, but I can't see how he caused you problems.

Enjoy being part of the forum and carry on posting,just don't expect everyone to agree with everything you post.

Sometimes people even disagree with Wolfie!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
All publications have a few errors, even the online news from major media sources are riddled with spelling mistakes and you wonder if anyone is proof reading.

As a general rule, I think if its something that's going to be carried over into the next issue and its incorrect, like a card number, then it should be pointed out so that it is right the next time. But if its something that is done and can't be changed, like a misspelled word, what's the harm?

Someone once told me that constructive criticism is only constructive to the critic. Big Grin That's not quite true, but he did have a point. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your understanding. If we could go back and fix the reversed images or the digit we printed incorrectly in our subscription coupon several issues ago, we would. But alas, it's not possible. Though if it had been done in Kindle format.....

If you'd like to send me a list of spelling errors you've spotted in the price guide, Mister E, please go for it.

Thanks.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I really didnot want to "tick" anyone off here. I just stated a problem and mostly everyone who replied had a fit. Guess errors will prevail and hardly anything get's done to correct it. I will be sending Harris a copy of the last issues price guide as I bought 2 of them for the different promos. Thanks for reading my posts. G.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
I really didnot want to "tick" anyone off here. I just stated a problem and mostly everyone who replied had a fit. Guess errors will prevail and hardly anything get's done to correct it. .

You are missing the point - nobody has said "don't point out errors" Just do it privately and not publicly

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Maybe if you took a different approach. No one likes someone pointing out mistakes in public.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Error cards are included ??? I didnot say that Harris caused the problems. Whomever is the proof - reader here must be asleep on the job. Month after month of numerous errors in the price guide and nobody noticed ?? What if someone else started this blog -- would they have had the same problems as I have had here ???

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Since they have a submission process in place for people who notice errors in the price guide and it doesn't include posting on the forums, I'd say yes, they would. Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post