Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  User Announcements    Another Treasure Chest of Art Group Purchase
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Treasure Chest of Art Group Purchase
 Login/Join

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Wish I knew for sure who the characters and artists were! The one on the right is by Scott D.M. Simmons and no idea for the left one (apologies to the artist)

This is the signature for the one on the left. Any ideas?

Thanks for the promos and for running this Ed!

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
one on the left looks like vamperella

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The auto is Mike Hoffman.Other than being an artist, he is a musician as well.
Hope this helps.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
Wish I knew for sure who the characters and artists were! The one on the right is by Scott D.M. Simmons and no idea for the left one (apologies to the artist)

This is the signature for the one on the left. Any ideas?

Thanks for the promos and for running this Ed!

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone else receive their cards yet ? Please post more images.
Also, if anyone is interested in purchasing a complete whole Treasure Chest of Art for themselves or perhaps a gift for the upcoming Holidays, please feel free to contact me directly, at cecexpo@gmail.com.
Thanks to all for helping out in this project.
Take care and have a great weekend!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
above are my 2 great sketches #4 #44
well pleased ,don't know who they are ? any ideas

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
John
These are Darkseid - a Superman/Justice League villain and
Poison Ivy - a Batman villain.
Nice cards.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My sketch arrived safe and sound this morning. It's a nice image of Hellboy by Bruce Gerlach:

There were also three Scifi Cards promo cards: BC1, P11 and P12.

Many thanks Ed Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
thank you for Ed for doing this
and especially for the Scifi promo cards

first the 2 cards I picked up at the Philly Show - Paul does the same thing - opens a box and puts numbers on the sketches so its a random pick of what you get

Lak Lim - Super Girl

Chris Henderson - Sookie (True Blood)

and from Ed
I got some nice cards this round

#48 - Allen Michael N Geneta

#43 Marcus Pullen - Cylon

the grey on this is actually a metallic silver that didn't show in the scan - very nice

#34 Marco De Carrillo - Spider-Man

and last but definitely not least
- currently my favorite artist

#1 Meghan Hetrick - Wonder Woman

my on going collection can be seen on my site

Treasure Chest of Art page

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
thank you mike Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:

and last but definitely not least
- currently my favorite artist

#1 Meghan Hetrick - Wonder Woman

Eek
If you ever feel like getting rid of that one, I've got a good home for it Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for participating in this fundraiser, looks like a ton of great cards were sent out from this one.
A very special thanks to Ed for orchestrating this sale.
In addition to the normal fundraising for the Foundation, currently, the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation is also undergoing fundraising for a new, larger building, as they have been so blessed with many toy donations, the current warehouse is filled to the rafters! Anyone interested in lending an extra hand or has input, please feel free to email me directly at cecexpo@gmail.com

Thanks again for all of your help.
Paul

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on Mike Hoffman, Paul.
Glad to hear the foundation is doing well and good luck with the new fundraising!

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I got my two sketches about a week and a half ago, that's international shipping for ya Roll Eyes Twak
Here they are.

Chewbacca is by "Cabbie" and the other sketch is by "Eric C. Martin" can anyone help me with who the character is?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
don't know the character
but the sketch is way cool

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
It is one of Eric's creations. He draws a few cool characters like these.
Glad you like it- Enjoy!
And thanks for posting!
Take care and hope the Holidays found you all well.
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Here are the two cards I received. Finally figured out how to make my scanner at work behave properly.

Love both of the sketches, but I am going to have to claim ignorance on who they are.

Phoenix by Jack Redd
??? by Marcus Pullen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lovemesomecards,

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Love both of the sketches, but I am going to have to claim ignorance on who they are.

the Phoenix (card on right) is a Jack Redd

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Here are the two cards I received. Finally figured out how to make my scanner at work behave properly.

All you now need to do after figuring out the work scanner is to get the "work PC" to put the post in the right thread. Eek

I apologise in advance if these are not 2012 cards.

Posts: 2119 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:

All you now need to do after figuring out the work scanner is to get the "work PC" to put the post in the right thread. Eek

I apologise in advance if these are not 2012 cards.

No, sadly enough these are in the right thread. I haven't got my 2012 ones yet.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post