Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  User Announcements    The Passing of Treksearcher
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Passing of Treksearcher
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
I hate to post this but I learned today "Treksearcher" has passed away today. Many of you know Alan from being a dealer at Memorabilia and other shows. He also came to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show in May of 2012. Alan was a very nice guy and it's really a shame to see him leave us. He'll be missed.

Below is a photo of Alan from the November 2011 Memorabilia show.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Terrible shame, nice bloke. Spent some time with Alan at that Philly show. RIP Treksearcher

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
He always had time for me, even when I wasn't buying. When you think of the thousands that go to the SDCC, what were the chances of us bumping into each other in the zig-zag queue. Well, 2009 was that chance. Rest in peace, Alan Angel

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
He was always cordial when I saw him seemed to really enjoy Trek cards sad news he looks way too young to pass just terrible. Shake Head

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I am very saddened to hear this. May he rest in peace. My sympathies to his family and friends.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Frown... Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear. Condolences to his friends and family.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
My condolences to his family and friends.
Peace.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Alan bought many pieces of art off me in the past. He was a really nice guy and great to deal with.
My condoloences to his family.
R.I.P. Treksearcher.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lost a great pal. but in the last few weeks seem some of the biggest and proudest smiles on alans face as he married his sweetheart Christine , r.i.p from steve- deb- ron - davie k - leonard -grannie ian - and those who knew you from newcastle

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
My condolences to his family. RIP Treksearcher

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
We met at Philly. Very sorry to hear. Condolences to family & friends.

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Such sad news. My condolences to his family & friends.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I met Alan for the first time at Memorabilia in November last year, I only spoke to him briefly, but he was a nice and enthusiastic collector/dealer.

As I've read above, I understood he got married recently. I am so sorry for his wife and family.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Sad news indeed Frown
Condolences to his family.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
alan was laid to rest today , there were some lovely words said by the vicar and by alan`s family , they gave a mention to all the kind messages from all the non sport people both on here and on the face book site.
I have to say it was a first for me to see a full colour enterprise engraved on the name plaque on the coffin a great and fitting tribute to a life long trekkie and sci- fi fan. RIP ALAN FROM EVERY ONE WHO KNEW YOU.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post