Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  User Announcements    First Treasure Chest of 2012
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Treasure Chest of 2012
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
First wave Shipped today.

Hope to have balance of paid orders out on Friday, Saturday latest.

I'll be shipping right up to Wednesday next week, so if you're paid in the next few days it should be no problem getting them out before Chicago.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see some of the cards in this collection. Ed, I think you still have a few cards, correct ? If so, Hopefully someone will take them before the Chicago Show. I know you will have a lot on your plate this next week.
Take care,
Thanks again everyone!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone! Ed, if you still have the last 7 cards from this chest by the time Chicago rolls in, please bring them to the show. Anyone else that would like a last call- there are only 7 left to make this chest a sellout.
Please let Ed know asap.
Thanks a million, Nonsports people are the best!
Take care,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My card arrived today, card # 30, a cool stormtrooper sketch by artist Frank Rapoza!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Everything Shipped today.

Second wave made it to the post office before it closed. Third wave didn't make it but will head there in the morning.

7 cards left. Anything reserved in the next few days will ship next week after I recover from Chicago.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Got my cards yesterday Smile

The Fool by Jon Roscetti

Robin by Kevin Leen

Catwoman by Nick Choles

Angel(?) by Hayden Davis

Thanks Ed!! Thumb Up

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
nice pulls, especially the Nick Choles !

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's a cool Robin, has a 1966 Topps Norm Saunders look to it. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Got mine today...

by Mark Dos Santos

by Jason Adams

by Matthew S Minor

Overall I'm pretty happy. Thanks to Ed and Paul.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pendragon,

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
i really hope i dont get anymore adams dont do anything for me, just remind me of potato prints my kids did at school only theirs were better lol

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
i really hope i dont get anymore adams dont do anything for me, just remind me of potato prints my kids did at school only theirs were better lol

LOL

Roll Eyes

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Got mine in today:

Kyle Latino
Lorenzo Lizana
Kristin Allen
Laura Inglis

Posts: 30 | Location: Washington State | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Got mine, sorry can't scan, but quite happy.

Got a B/W Indian Chief with colored war paint and beads by Kevin O. Anderson and a color Sheriff pointing rifle by Randy Martinez. Wasn't intended, but these look right together.

Also a B/W Shazam by Michael Reisner and a color woman's face in profile by Jennifer Janesko. I really like the Janesko, but I can't tell if I am supposed to know the character. Looks a bit like JLo or Jolie, I'm sure it's not though. Wink

Thanks guys.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my four cards today so many thanks to Ed for organising the distribution andf to Paul for organising the artwork.

My four cards are as follows:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

by Jeffrey Moy - this was number 32.

by Jon Riggle - this was number 4

by Kevin Graham - this was number 17. Apologies to Kevin for the scan missing off his signature.

"Poison Ivy" by Randi LeeAnn - this was number 42

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I picked up my 3 cards from Ed at the Chicago show yesterday. I also bought 2 Treaure Chest of Art sketches from Paul at his table (2/$25).

The 3 I got from Ed
Conan saying "Crom!" b & w by Michael Beazley
Thor color by Nathan Ohlendorf (Very Katie Cookish type sketch, nicely done)
Alphabet by Jason Adams Linoleum block stamping. I know Jason looks in here and I'm not going to say anything mean, but these stampings, while art, do not fit in the realm of sketch cards.

The 2 I bought from Paul:
Abe Lincoln the Gillman from Hellboy by Bruce Gerlach in b & w
Green Lantern in color by Lance Sawyer, my favorite of the bunch.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I received mine Ed! Thank you!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://orangethirteen.wordpres...ed-is-half-finished/

This is what I did for the 2012 edition.

And I appreciate the kind word's fellas.

Look I get that what I do isn't traditional for "sketch" cards, I get that it's not exactly everyone's cup of tea.

But allow me a moment to explain why I do it. I do it so normal people with normal jobs can have a cool little piece of hand crafted art for a pretty reasonable price. There are some fantastically awesome mini-masterpieces out there that can fetch hundreds of dollars on the secondary market. My intent to to counter those awesome pieces with neat little pieces.

I love to create. Everything I create is by hand, cut, printed, inked, etc. Nothing is a print done at kinkos, nothing is done digitally or mechanically.

I want to be able to do something different, something neat, and something for everyone. Sorry I didn't do sketches of big boobed super heroes because there are plenty of those out there for you guys.

Keep in mind, all the artists did these cards to benefit a charity. Something of which I a personally proud to have contributed to.

Jason

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
Hi Jason
quote:
Sorry I didn't do sketches of big boobed super heroes because there are plenty of those out there for you guys.

thats fine by me, the robot I can understand and would like, the last one of yours I got I still dont know what it was I think it has horns but its not a cow/bull its far to freaky for me ask harris he will tell you how wierd I am

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hi Jason, you take the criticism well, and while I wasn't too happy with the alphabet, I did like the robot I got last year better. I am happy to see you doing something different for the next series.
I think it's good you aren't doing big-breasted super heroines, the nice thing about the Treasure Chest project is you can do anything. The most charming sketch I received is called "The Dreamer" by Bruce Bolinger, of an old guy in a smoking jacket with a pipe. Not a comic character or super hero. You're obviously creative, so have fun with these.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
got mine today yay 2 color 1 b/w will post scans later