Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
First Treasure Chest of 2012

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5336067952/m/2627010716

March 16, 2012, 12:15 AM
Scifi Cards
First Treasure Chest of 2012
First wave Shipped today.

Hope to have balance of paid orders out on Friday, Saturday latest.

I'll be shipping right up to Wednesday next week, so if you're paid in the next few days it should be no problem getting them out before Chicago.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

March 17, 2012, 09:40 AM
PAULM
Can't wait to see some of the cards in this collection. Ed, I think you still have a few cards, correct ? If so, Hopefully someone will take them before the Chicago Show. I know you will have a lot on your plate this next week.
Take care,
Thanks again everyone!
Paul
March 19, 2012, 02:18 AM
PAULM
Hi Everyone! Ed, if you still have the last 7 cards from this chest by the time Chicago rolls in, please bring them to the show. Anyone else that would like a last call- there are only 7 left to make this chest a sellout.
Please let Ed know asap.
Thanks a million, Nonsports people are the best!
Take care,
Paul
March 19, 2012, 05:32 PM
Batman
My card arrived today, card # 30, a cool stormtrooper sketch by artist Frank Rapoza!

March 20, 2012, 06:42 PM
Scifi Cards
Everything Shipped today.

Second wave made it to the post office before it closed. Third wave didn't make it but will head there in the morning.

7 cards left. Anything reserved in the next few days will ship next week after I recover from Chicago.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

March 21, 2012, 02:06 AM
Miss Lizzy
Got my cards yesterday Smile

The Fool by Jon Roscetti

Robin by Kevin Leen

Catwoman by Nick Choles

Angel(?) by Hayden Davis

Thanks Ed!! Thumb Up

March 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
hcbrewer
nice pulls, especially the Nick Choles !

March 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
Batman
That's a cool Robin, has a 1966 Topps Norm Saunders look to it. Thumb Up

March 23, 2012, 02:13 AM
pendragon
Got mine today...

by Mark Dos Santos

by Jason Adams

by Matthew S Minor

Overall I'm pretty happy. Thanks to Ed and Paul.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pendragon,
March 23, 2012, 09:01 AM
john the hat
i really hope i dont get anymore adams dont do anything for me, just remind me of potato prints my kids did at school only theirs were better lol

March 23, 2012, 09:14 AM
jadams
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
i really hope i dont get anymore adams dont do anything for me, just remind me of potato prints my kids did at school only theirs were better lol

LOL

Roll Eyes
March 23, 2012, 07:36 PM
John91C
Got mine in today:

Kyle Latino
Lorenzo Lizana
Kristin Allen
Laura Inglis

March 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
Raven
Got mine, sorry can't scan, but quite happy.

Got a B/W Indian Chief with colored war paint and beads by Kevin O. Anderson and a color Sheriff pointing rifle by Randy Martinez. Wasn't intended, but these look right together.

Also a B/W Shazam by Michael Reisner and a color woman's face in profile by Jennifer Janesko. I really like the Janesko, but I can't tell if I am supposed to know the character. Looks a bit like JLo or Jolie, I'm sure it's not though. Wink

Thanks guys.
March 24, 2012, 04:11 PM
JOHN LEVITT
I received my four cards today so many thanks to Ed for organising the distribution andf to Paul for organising the artwork.

My four cards are as follows:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

by Jeffrey Moy - this was number 32.

by Jon Riggle - this was number 4

by Kevin Graham - this was number 17. Apologies to Kevin for the scan missing off his signature.

"Poison Ivy" by Randi LeeAnn - this was number 42

March 24, 2012, 07:44 PM
Don Norton
I picked up my 3 cards from Ed at the Chicago show yesterday. I also bought 2 Treaure Chest of Art sketches from Paul at his table (2/$25).

The 3 I got from Ed
Conan saying "Crom!" b & w by Michael Beazley
Thor color by Nathan Ohlendorf (Very Katie Cookish type sketch, nicely done)
Alphabet by Jason Adams Linoleum block stamping. I know Jason looks in here and I'm not going to say anything mean, but these stampings, while art, do not fit in the realm of sketch cards.

The 2 I bought from Paul:
Abe Lincoln the Gillman from Hellboy by Bruce Gerlach in b & w
Green Lantern in color by Lance Sawyer, my favorite of the bunch.
March 26, 2012, 02:05 AM
Jake
I received mine Ed! Thank you!

March 26, 2012, 12:11 PM
jadams
http://orangethirteen.wordpres...ed-is-half-finished/

This is what I did for the 2012 edition.

And I appreciate the kind word's fellas.

Look I get that what I do isn't traditional for "sketch" cards, I get that it's not exactly everyone's cup of tea.

But allow me a moment to explain why I do it. I do it so normal people with normal jobs can have a cool little piece of hand crafted art for a pretty reasonable price. There are some fantastically awesome mini-masterpieces out there that can fetch hundreds of dollars on the secondary market. My intent to to counter those awesome pieces with neat little pieces.

I love to create. Everything I create is by hand, cut, printed, inked, etc. Nothing is a print done at kinkos, nothing is done digitally or mechanically.

I want to be able to do something different, something neat, and something for everyone. Sorry I didn't do sketches of big boobed super heroes because there are plenty of those out there for you guys.

Keep in mind, all the artists did these cards to benefit a charity. Something of which I a personally proud to have contributed to.

Jason
March 26, 2012, 12:24 PM
john the hat
Hi Jason
quote:
Sorry I didn't do sketches of big boobed super heroes because there are plenty of those out there for you guys.

thats fine by me, the robot I can understand and would like, the last one of yours I got I still dont know what it was I think it has horns but its not a cow/bull its far to freaky for me ask harris he will tell you how wierd I am

March 26, 2012, 01:29 PM
Don Norton
Hi Jason, you take the criticism well, and while I wasn't too happy with the alphabet, I did like the robot I got last year better. I am happy to see you doing something different for the next series.
I think it's good you aren't doing big-breasted super heroines, the nice thing about the Treasure Chest project is you can do anything. The most charming sketch I received is called "The Dreamer" by Bruce Bolinger, of an old guy in a smoking jacket with a pipe. Not a comic character or super hero. You're obviously creative, so have fun with these.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,
March 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
john the hat
got mine today yay 2 color 1 b/w will post scans later