Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  User Announcements    Just had to share my day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had to share my day
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted
I went to the latest collectible show today, and hit the jackpot! I ended up getting 7 base card sets, an Enterprise insert, and 8 singles from Kung Fu and Outer Limits. All this for $50! I never ever find so many sets that I want, let alone for that price. The sets I got were:

- Lord of the Rings - Two Towers update edition
- Lord of the Rings- Return of the King premiere and Update sets
- Dream Machines Series 1 from '91
- Iron Man 3
- Guardians of the Galaxy hobby edition
- Chevy Set from '92

Happy Day! Dance

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Where abouts whats the local show?
Congrats on the great lot!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
And the best thing is that the guy who sold them to you is probably happy to get rid of them, so everybody wins.

The key is really having a collectible show to attend where sellers can find the right buyers for base sets. You need those face to face connections and that's what is sorely missed on a local level.

Congrats on your impressive haul. Smile

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Where abouts was the local show?

It was in Woodstock Ont at the Fair Grounds. If you're local, there's a site here- http://www.collectorshows.ca/EN/home.php

It lists all the upcoming shows in different cities in SW Ontario

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
You need those face to face connections and that's what is sorely missed on a local level.

Right you are! Another part of this is making some new contacts as well to find product. The postage rates are killer for the kind of stuff I collect, so it's much more affordable to be able to pay cash and carry with more bang for the buck! Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Komodo:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Where abouts was the local show?

It was in Woodstock Ont at the Fair Grounds. If you're local, there's a site here- http://www.collectorshows.ca/EN/home.php

It lists all the upcoming shows in different cities in SW Ontario

Thanks for the link.
I used to live only a few hours away from Woodstock, but moved in 2015 for my career.

Thanks again.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post