Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Open That Box! Day 2013 Submissions    Open That Box! Day 2013 Results Thread
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
Open That Box! Day 2013 Results Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I actually opened 2 boxes this year...

First was a Hobby box of Panini Americana 2011.
I got 11 different base cards, a silver proof
of Lenny Krqayzelburg #54/100, a gold proof of
Anson Williams #49/50, a couple Screen Gems inserts
and these premium inserts --
Matinee Legends costume card of Ingrid Bergman #280/499,
Movie Posters dual costume card of Clark Gable and
Vivien Leigh from Gone With the Wind #44/125,
Private Signings Auto card of Johnny Yong Bosch #537/699,
Screen Gems Auto card of Justin Bieber #30/99 Smile

My 2nd box was a James Bond 50th Series 2.
It contained the expected number of inserts and parallels and these Autos:
#A170 Nina Muschallik, Peter Fontaine, and #A110 of some new guy named Daniel? Dance

Had a good time as usual and got some really nice cards!

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if this counts as a box, but... I opened up a set of Topps Galactic Files Printing Plates. My set was number 114 of 350 and contained 4 printing plates (yellow, cyan, magenta, and black) of card number 114 (General Tagge - Imperial High General). It also contained 24 base cards numbered 351 through 374.

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monsterama2000:
My local comic shop was selling some old boxes really cheap, so I bought a box of Sesame Street from 1992 for $5.00. I got three full sets of 100 cards plus some doubles. The only problem is I got five of Checklist #1 and no Checklist #2.[QUOTE]

Found the same box at the local comic book store on FCBD. After getting help opening the packs from 9 preschoolers at our church daycare, I got one set to keep & everyone else got their favorite Sesame Street characters to take home. Oh, and I ended up with 4 of checklist#2 and no checklist #1

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Happy OTBD everyone Wave

I have been looking forward to this day for sometime now because it's also my Nephews birthday too today. Well I opened two box. The first was a Game of thrones which arrived yesterday and the other was a James Bond 50th Ann 2 box. I did ok I guess but nothing really amazing.
I will just list the autographs here.

Game of Thrones
Milos Yerolemos (as Syrio Forel B)
Adam Gullen (as Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish FB)

[IMG]http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr276/bigdaddykel91/007-4_zpsf7583278.jpg"> [/IMG]

James Bond 50th Ann 2
Irka Bochenko (as Blonde Beauty in Moonraker L)
Gloria Hendry (as Rosie Carver in Live and Let Die L)
Sersna Gordon (as Caroline in Goldeneye L)

[IMG]http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr276/bigdaddykel91/008-3_zps25024d44.jpg"> [/IMG]

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I opened one of my Bettie Page 2 Tins (Boxes of GOT 2 will be too late for OTB day). Got a VERY nice Carolyn Edwards douldble sided sketch

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
I started my day going to work, so I did not get to my boxes until tonight.
I started with a box of Star Trek: First Contact I bought last year. I was a little worried the card might be stuck together as Skybox cards often are, but I lucked out and there was little damage done. The cards are really nice and the Borg cell cards are cool.

Next I opened a box of Tarzan cards from Cryptozoic. This is the first box I have opened from them. The foil poster cards are a good idea. I pulled two of them and look forward to finding the others in order to see what the poster set looks like.

I also pulled the black printing plate for card 53.

The first pack I opened had the sketch card in it. At first I thought it was a simple sketch, but after looking at it closer it is fairly detailed in the way the colors are used. I really like it. Now to figure out who the artist is.

It has been fun to be able participate in another OTBD!!! Smile

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
90% chance it's Boatman.
Great card.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I had hoped to post my pulls yesterday, but after dealing with a crack in my bathtub and the resulting leak in the ceiling below it, I forgot about Open That Box! Day until this morning. I opened two boxes and a premium pack.

2011 Topps American Pie:
Gettysburg relic card
Carrot Top relic card
Butch Patrick relic card
First Corvetter Released Spotlight Refractor card 49/76

Disney Treasures 3:
Bambi Reel Piece of History filmcard with really nice cells of Bambi and Faline

Spartacus Vengeance:
Craig Parker auto
Tim Hobbs auto
Lucretia's dress relic

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
For OTBD I bought a box of Wii Mariokart by Enterplay. My wife helped me open that box. I must be honest and say I really enjoy playing Mariokart, so this set was definately for me. The set consists of a 90 card set and 24 foil cards. I pulled 13 foil cards, but only 12 of the first 24 cards in the basic set. I guess you have to open 2 boxes at least to make a set if collation is correct. Luckily I have another 3 boxes if needed. Will add some pics if Harris doesn't close the post straight away.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
Will add some pics if Harris doesn't close the post straight away.

Steve:

Go ahead and add them, please! Smile I will keep this open for a bit.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
I actually opened 2 boxes this year...

First was a Hobby box of Panini Americana 2011.
I got 11 different base cards, a silver proof
of Lenny Krqayzelburg #54/100, a gold proof of
Anson Williams #49/50, a couple Screen Gems inserts
and these premium inserts --
Matinee Legends costume card of Ingrid Bergman #280/499,
Movie Posters dual costume card of Clark Gable and
Vivien Leigh from Gone With the Wind #44/125,
Private Signings Auto card of Johnny Yong Bosch #537/699,
Screen Gems Auto card of Justin Bieber #30/99 Smile

My 2nd box was a James Bond 50th Series 2.
It contained the expected number of inserts and parallels and these Autos:
#A170 Nina Muschallik, Peter Fontaine, and #A110 of some new guy named Daniel? Dance

Had a good time as usual and got some really nice cards!

Greg

That is the understatement of OTB Day. Big Grin

Two boxes and a Bieber and Craig autograph card. I wish you could pick out my boxes. Congrats. Dance

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Report This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I know they aren't great photos;
but he was a moving target.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Here at home, we opened the box of Star Trek The Original Series 'Heroes & Villains,' by Rittenhouse Archives 2013, that I won last week at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show.
The box number was 283 / 7000.

The breakdown is as follows:
1 complete set of base cards.
1 double autograph.
1 single autograph.
1 Lt. Uhura "Shadowbox."
4 Tribute cards.
2 "Kirk's Epic Battles"/silver foil.
1 "Mirror, Mirror" card.
8 Parallel cards.
& 3 spares / duplicates of base cards.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Opened a box of Vampire Diaries Season 1 that was reasonably priced for OTB Day.

D01 and D07
4 flashback cards F03,F05,F06 and F08
M-15 Matt Donovan shirt Smile
A -14 Arielle Kebbel as Lexi auto. Smile

I will post pictures just as soon as I figure out how to do it from my iPad. Where is my 10 year old when I need them. Lol

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Report This Post