Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 2 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted
Didnt see a box break thread for this so Ill kick it off.

Bought 2 boxes from 1 shop and a third from another.

The 2 from the first shop had-

Costume hit-

Sketch hit-
*Sorry to be a pain but I have my reasons for not posting the sketch hit.

3rd box from 2nd shop was a dud.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ARRGGHHHH...

opened a sealed 8 box case and NO AUTOGRAPHS!!! Man i hate Topps!!

3 Memorabilia
4 sketches (all poor)

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 case break:

Totals:
10 sketch cards
10 costume cards
0 ZERO auto.'s

20 of the 27 guaranteed hits and 6 dud boxes

[IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: air1213,

Posts: 130 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know it is still disappointing but jesus, your sketches are amazing. I got the ridiculously short end of the stick. Only 4 autos out of 5 cases and not a single REALLY high quality sketch like a couple of those

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bryan,

I am definately happy with the sketch cards , but it only serves to soften the blow of ZERO auto.'s . I have no idea how Topps is going to meet demands for dud boxes. If this sort remains the same for my cases that will be in hand on Monday I could be short 60-80 + hits . If they make good then it will be great . But it is obvious that 90 %+ of these dud boxes are missing auto's that have surfaced in huge numbers in other "HOT" cases .

JZ

Posts: 130 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yeah I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully Topps comes through on this, I got my overnight package out the day after all my dud boxes were broken so they could not give me the depleted auto stock excuse.

if you plan to sell/trade the Siplon Elle please let me know.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Felt like posting, even though I have the same story. Broke down and bought a box, even after I read all the others posts and got a.....
dud box. The dealer I got it from open 16 boxes and got 8 dud boxes, I was hoping I would get one of the few of his that had something, "guess I chose poorly".

Posts: 34 | Location: Richmond, Va | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I broke a case of Heroes Volume 2 and wanted to share my pulls and observations about this set.

First some observations:

1. It's a nice base set- the images that they used are good ones and in my opinion lighter than the first set in which many of the shots that they used were very dark.

2. Topps has a real problem on their hands as far as who they use to package their cards. I had one dud box but from reports I'm reading on other sites there are tons of dud boxes being broken and Topps had guaranteed a hit in each box plus a hot box per case- this is not happening apparently. Also we were told that the hits were to be inserted at equal ratios in other words autos, costumes and sketches were all 1:72- this is not the case at all.

3. There needs to be another layer of chase- the foils are nice but very common and then all there all you have is a bunch of base cards- one more insert would have been nice.

Here were my pulls:

Foils: 4 complete sets of 10, 2 sets missing one card each, plus 14 various extras for a total of 72 foil cards or an average of 9 per box. Stated odds say 1:3 packs so I was ahead on foils.

Sketches: 4

here are the scans- I apologize I don't know the artists other than Cooney at this time:

I particularly like the one of "Burnt" Nathan and the one of the tree with the two figures in it

Autos: 1

Stephen Tobolowsky as Bob Bishop- a decent character but I wasn't too excited- it would have been nice to pull more regular autos and I particularly wanted to pull an Ali Larter, Dana Davis or Adair Tischler. It also blows that Topps couldn't get Kristen Bell to sign- she has signed for Inkworks in the past so I'm not sure what the problem was.

Costumes: 2

this was a major burn as I pulled the same one twice :|

Jack Coleman as Noah Bennet shirt

here is a scan of the costumes and auto:

now fortunately for me there was a saving grace in this case and that came in the form of a 1:3760 pack pull- one in 19.5 cases!

Milo Ventimiglia as Peter Petrelli auto costume Big Grin

I'll tell ya, without that I would have been bummin'

anyway thanks for reading, the sketches are AVAILABLE, I will be trying to do the autos from the set.

Dave

ps: if anyone could help with artist ID that would be awesome

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
First sketch is Jason Hughes, 2nd is Brian Kong. The last sketch looks like it might be Jim Kyles new signature.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you very kindly!

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance I could get some help with indentifying the artists of these sketches?

Many thanks in advance, Tim.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Open a box and get a Sean Pence Peter sketch, very nice with great details...did anyone know how many sketch did Sean made for this series??

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
tevans, that last one is by Noah Albrecht.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ventured to another hobby shop today where they were holding 5 boxes for me.
Here is what I got from them:

BOX 1 - Sketch of HRG by Dan Cooney, JAMES KYSON LEE autograph

BOX 2 - CRISTINE ROSE auto

BOX 3 - ASHLEY CROW auto, sketch of CLAIRE by Howard Shum

BOX 4 - ADAIR TISHLER auto, sketch of PETER by Brian Kong

BOX 5 - SENDHIL RAMAMURTHY auto, sketch of KAITO by Howard Shum

At this point although I was content, I couldn't help myself and bust a few more as most of the boxes so far seemed to be "HOT BOXES". So.....

BOX 6 - NICHOLAS D'AGOSTO auto, HRG memorabilia/shirt card

BOX 7 - STEPHEN TOBOLOWSKY auto, sketch of HRG by Howard Shum (almost identical to the 1st one)

I stopped here, packed up my stuff and paid.
After a while of talking with some friends it donned on me that 1 more box would make a case.
I asked the shop owner if I'd get a case discount if I busted one more box.
He offered me a very good price so......

BOX 8 - ADAIR TISHLER auto, ALI LARTER auto!!! spsm21 spsm42

[img]http://www.eharbors.com/uploadimages/eharbors24224/OriginalPic/121513646582324224(1).jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.eharbors.com/uploadimages/eharbors24224/OriginalPic/121514542247524224(1).jpg[/img]

I couldn't believe it. Out of 8 boxes I got 9 autos, 5 sketch cards, and 1 memorabilia card.
Totalling things up from yesterday 11 boxes yielded 11 autos, 8 sketches, and only 1 memorabilia card.
20 hits out of 11 boxes.
Pretty awesome yet wierd, but I'm satisfied to say the least.
Topps really did a number on this product.
HAPPY 4th!!!

Posts: 7 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the pics.

[img]http://www.eharbors.com/uploadimages/eharbors24224/OriginalPic/121513646582324224(1).jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.eharbors.com/uploadimages/eharbors24224/OriginalPic/121514542247524224(1).jpg[/img][/quote]

Posts: 7 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Rookie mistakes.
I hope the pics come out now:

[IMG:left]http://www.eharbors.com/uploadimages/eharbors24224/OriginalPic/121513646582324224(1).jpg[/IMG]

[IMG:left]http://www.eharbors.com/uploadimages/eharbors24224/OriginalPic/121514542247524224(1).jpg[/IMG]

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Hey StarWars808, the first links you posted should have shown the images properly. The images showed up fine when I copied the addy's to a new window.... the place you uploaded them might not allow linking to other sites.

You can try using these two other sites for image hosting...

http://imageshack.us/

http://photobucket.com/

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarWars808:

I couldn't believe it. Out of 8 boxes I got 9 autos, 5 sketch cards, and 1 memorabilia card.
Totalling things up from yesterday 11 boxes yielded 11 autos, 8 sketches, and only 1 memorabilia card.
20 hits out of 11 boxes.
Pretty awesome yet wierd, but I'm satisfied to say the least.
Topps really did a number on this product.
HAPPY 4th!!!

Great Case - but shows Topps problems if one case has 7 hot boxes and other cases have 4 duds collation is VERY BAD

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So everyone who pulled more then the stated amount can send them back to topps to be spread out to the people who got hosed Smokin'

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post