Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 2 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of Spooky Mulder
posted Hide Post

Box 1;
Nathan & Angela Petrelli Dual Auto (1:9610) !!
Nathan Petrelli shirt costume
Box 2;
Noah Bennet Shirt Costume
Bob Bishop Auto
Box 3;
Monica Costume
Box 4;
Maury Parkman Auto card
Box 5;
Monica Costume
Box 6;
Jake Minor 1/1 Ando Sketch
Box 7;
Monica Dawson Auto
Box 8;
Maya Tank Top costume
Ashley Crowe Auto card
----
Box 9;
Mohinder Auto Card
Box 10;
Bob Bishop Auto
Nathan Shirt Costume
Box 11;
Peter Petrelli Shirt Costume
Angela Petrelli Auto
Box 12;
James Kyson Lee auto card
Box 13;
Noah Bennett Shirt
Box 14;
Cynthia Cummens Parkman Sketch 1/1
Box 15;
Alex Buechel Niki Sketch card 1/1
Mohinder Auto
Box 16;
The Haitian Auto

Both of these cases had extra hot boxes, and both were from a UK distributor. I was shocked when I pulled the dual auto, as it's probably a once in a lifetime pull at those odds. I was really debating canceling my pre-order (2 cases is way WAY beyond what I could usually afford).. kinda glad I didn't now Smile I was also pleased with the Jake Minor and Alex Buechel sketches.

Posts: 22 | Location: Essex, UK | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nathan & Angela Petrelli Dual Auto (1:9610)

Im curious, with such a large amount of collation problem with this set how can the odds of cards like that be accurate?

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Dragoncrypt:
So I got a total of 14 inserts, even with 2 dud boxes (which I definitely will not be sending in for replacements).
Dragoncrypt
Why not??? You would if these were the only two boxes you had bought. The collation is down to the manufacturer and Topps. It is obvious that Topps expected this as they have replacements.

True, if they were the only two boxes I bought, but since the case itself resulted in way more than the proper amount, I'm going to leave the replacements to those who actually were shorted in their cases.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gotham_Knight:
quote:

Im curious, with such a large amount of collation problem with this set how can the odds of cards like that be accurate?

Good point, I'd say the odds in this set are way skewed.

Awesome breaks on the two cases Spooky Mulder!

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I opened my 1 box this week. I was disappointed I didn't get a sketch but I was very happy with what I did get

8 foils(2 duplicates)
1 base set
West Rosen Auto
Hiro/Peter Dual Costume Smile

I've already sold the dual costume so I can buy a few sketches.

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Case results (probably my last ever topps case)..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gotham_Knight:
quote:

The odds are still accurate over the course of the entire run of trading card packs. It does not mean you will get a dual auto every 9,610 packs.

Its too early for mathematical equations.

If there are only 100 dual auto cards and there are 961,000 packs of cards than the insertion rate is 1:9610

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Snagged 3 boxes today-
Box 1-
Dud

Box 2-Hot Box-

Box 3-
Dud

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SMC2910
posted Hide Post
Nice Duron

Posts: 46 | Location: Coffs Harbour,Downunder | Registered: June 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SMC2910
posted Hide Post
My case

2 Dud boxes so perfect collation if i go after replacements.

Posts: 46 | Location: Coffs Harbour,Downunder | Registered: June 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Claire/Pence sketch ! Thumb Up

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SMC2910
posted Hide Post
Thanks, very happy to get it 1st pack into second box after the 1st box was a dud

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, very happy to get it 1st pack into second box after the 1st box was a dud

Yes and soon it will be mine, just bought itSmile
I'm never lucky enough to pull sketch cards, particularly a Pence. I was happy to buy it now for that price, I paid about AU$500 for a Season One case and only found one sketch. I was only looking for sketches from Volume Two, so instead of buying a case again I thought I'd buy 1 sketch of each different character. This one will go perfectly with the Peter Sean Pence I just purchasedSmile Now all I need is a Pence Nathan, if anyone has one let me knowSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SMC2910
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
quote:

Yes and soon it will be mine, just bought itSmile
I'm never lucky enough to pull sketch cards, particularly a Pence. I was happy to buy it now for that price, I paid about AU$500 for a Season One case and only found one sketch. I was only looking for sketches from Volume Two, so instead of buying a case again I thought I'd buy 1 sketch of each different character. This one will go perfectly with the Peter Sean Pence I just purchasedSmile Now all I need is a Pence Nathan, if anyone has one let me knowSmile

Good to see its going to a good home. Yeah the other Peter SP is fantastic also. Have not seen many Nathans listed, might have to wait for him to list his Nathan return card which is superb if he aint sold it allready.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Went to my local shop sunday to drop off a few things and they had a box so I went for it. I went through all my packs to see if it was a costume box or not...6th pack in I "felt" the costume and just put it back adn figured it wasnt worth dealing with.

Got home and opened it and it was-already have it-

Went through the other packs to get the foils out and the 3rd to last pack had this-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SMC2910
posted Hide Post
Nice Chandler. A set of his with same borders would look great, Would be a nice chase.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
well we opened 4 boxes, 2 were hot boxes. Zero were duds (amazingly). Here's what we got:

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
I picked up 6 more boxes today - don't ask me why... I guess I am just a Glutton for punishment.

Box 1 - Hiro Costume Card & Chris Henderson Elle Sketch
Box 2 - Monica Dawson Costume Card
Box 3 - Nathan Petrelli Costume Card
Box 4 - Peter Petrelli Costume Card
Box 5 - Peter Petrelli Sketch - Chris Henderson
Box 6 - DUD.

Woulda liked to pull at least 1 decent autograph, but oh well, what can you do.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rubadub001:
I picked up 6 more boxes today - don't ask me why... I guess I am just a Glutton for punishment.

Box 1 - Hiro Costume Card & Chris Henderson Elle Sketch
Box 2 - Monica Dawson Costume Card
Box 3 - Nathan Petrelli Costume Card
Box 4 - Peter Petrelli Costume Card
Box 5 - Peter Petrelli Sketch - Chris Henderson
Box 6 - DUD.

Woulda liked to pull at least 1 decent autograph, but oh well, what can you do.

Pulling 2 of Chris Henderson's sketches should have been at least some consolation though!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,

Opened 8 boxes (A sealed case). ALL were HOT Boxes.

Got 4 Sketches, 4 Costumes, 8 Autographs and a Dual Autograph of Angela and Peter.

Cheers, Pete.
We LOVE to trade too, so please send us your want and trade lists.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post