Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 2 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Just another example of how this product will be hailed as the best of the year by some, and will push others completely out of the hobby . The question remains how will Topps handle this on the customer service side ?!?

Posts: 130 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
I also noticed the white border (box) of the Peter auto/costumecard is the right size!! All autocards should have been that way!! It looks a lot better (and I mean A LOT)this way.

For everone's sake I hope Topps still got a couple hundred of stickers left to make new autocards for those who missed out because of dud boxes. If they do can they also adjust the size of the white box on the card?!!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is anyone having problem making a set from a box???? Confused Because from two boxes I only can make one set. Just wonder is only my boxes or the regular cards had a bad collation too.

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rich With Cards
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone I have opened 5 cases and to say the least I am very upset about this set after all the hype and now False promises placed by Topps here is my break down :

Case 1

Autos

Sandra bennet
Molly walker

Sketches x 4

Costumes

West
Claire
Maya

Case 2

autos x 1

Dana Davis

Sketches x 5

Costumes x 2

maya
Noah Bennet

Case 3

Autos x 1
Ando

Sketches x 3

Costumes x 3

Nathan
Maya x 2

Case 4 My best one

Autos x 2

Mohinder
Niki Sanders

Sketches x 3

costumes x 3

West
Elle x 2

Dual Costume : Peter/Elle

Case 5 Worst of the bunch

Autos

Mohinder
The haitian

Sketches x 2

Costumes x 2

Monica
Peter

From these 5 cases I had 9 Dud boxes over a case worth of wastage I feel this is outrageous after the hype produced by topps with their flyers which we have all seen. Also 7 premium inserts down which would adjust to the autos I have missed out on. It was only the presence of additional hotboxes which helped me out.

Unless I can get a reply from Topps on this matter I will not order their sets again.

Posts: 87 | Location: West Midlands | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by air1213:

Bought one box today. I didn't know that there were dud boxes in this product because I wasn't reading here. If a knew I wouldn't have bothered, but having said that, my box had one sweater costume card of West Rosen and one sketch. Didn't break down the base cards yet, so I don't know if it made a set.

The sketch card I got is almost the same image as pictured by air1213, the Cooney profile. So I guess at least some artists are doing multiples of the same drawing.

I was lucky to get 2 hits, but I don't think its right when some boxes are duds. I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw a post from Dan Cooney on the scoundrel board where he said that he was on a very tight deadline.He also did many more sketches than most of the other artists.

That said his work is still very good if a bit plain.Way better than the junk turned out for LOTR and Indy by certain artists.

Famous last words but the quality control on Heroes seems to be much better Smile .Now if only they could sort out the collation problems Roll Eyes .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
That top left cooney that people are starting to label as a "repeat-a-sketch", is still a nice one IMO...Id be happy if I pulled it.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Traded in some sports stuff to a shop for 4 boxes and a few packs.

3 of the 4 boxes were duds but the box that had the hits..had 3. On top of that, the box that had the hits had a foil in EVERY pack.

The 3 hits in the 1 box-

The packs had this hit-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Traded in some sports stuff to a shop for 4 boxes and a few packs.

3 of the 4 boxes were duds but the box that had the hits..had 3. On top of that, the box that had the hits had a foil in EVERY pack.
The packs had this hit-

Yes, I agree that the Clooney sketch is nice, even if it is repeated.

But to have 3 out of 4 boxes be duds is terrible. It was lucky for you that the 4th one yielded multiple hits, but if these are the odds, a lot of single box buyers are going to wind up with zippo. Even given recent Topps releases, I am frankly very surprised. Perhaps these early boxes are not a good indication of the overall distribution. I certainly hope it isn't. Frown

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I noticed this little tidbit of info(check lower righthand corner) from the 4 page sell sheet my dealer included with my cases.

Since I don't know at what point of the process this sheet was printed, I really don't know if this info is relative to the problem we are seeing.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
I noticed this little tidbit of info(check lower righthand corner) from the 4 page sell sheet my dealer included with my cases.

Since I don't know at what point of the process this sheet was printed, I really don't know if this info is relative to the problem we are seeing.

It may be to cover themselves if a signer didnt get their stickers back in time like the guy that played Issac from the season 1 set?

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Im pretty sure that was the "original" sell sheet that was released.

Someone else pointed out they showed a Sylar auto and a dual Peter/Claire auto that hasnt been seen yet.

So..if they are showing off stuff that was pre-lim possible hits..I wonder if that stuff will be part of what people will get from those with dud boxes.

Someone else I talked to cracked a few cases and got 13 duds out of 5 cases I think.

Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
I really am worried about spending more on cases for this product now, ive ordered one case of this set and am waiting on the arrival of my case.

If this case is from one of the non-good piles of the stock its going to be such a waste of money i dont have :\

Ah well suppose ill have to wait and see then mayybe have a look on ebay, still need mroe season 1 anyway....more parkman costumes...

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
i think that disclaimer is on just about every topps sell sheet i have ever seen. they like to cover their A$$, but they stuck it out so far with all the "guarantees" this time, im interested to see how they handle this one Razz

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my two boxes yesterday. Man I'm glad I didn't buy a case this time like I did with Series 1. Here's what I got.

One full foil set plus doubles.

I guess I got lucky with my two boxes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alfster,

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alfster:
Got my two boxes yesterday. Man I'm glad I didn't buy a case this time like I did with Series 1. Here's what I got.

One full foil set plus doubles.

I gues I got lucky with my two boxes.

In your case I'd say if you had got a case it would have been a loaded case. 2 autos and a sketch in 3 boxes tends to suggest it was a loaded case, especially since those cases appear to be heavy on the autos.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
So everyone who pulled more then the stated amount can send them back to topps to be spread out to the people who got hosed Smokin'

Actually what I pulled for Volume 2 so far only makes up for what I was lacking out of the Volume 1 product.
In one of my cases for Volume 1 I had 5 Parkman costume cards, 1 auto, and 2 mediocre sketch cards.
Twak

Posts: 7 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So you had bad collation but ZERO dud boxes.

If I had received all nine hits but bad collation I would not be complaining, but there is a big difference between getting a lot of one card and not getting any cards at all

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
So you had bad collation but ZERO dud boxes.

If I had received all nine hits but bad collation I would not be complaining, but there is a big difference between getting a lot of one card and not getting any cards at all

If you pulled 5 Parkman costume cards from a sealed case can you honestly say you wouldn't complain about it?
If you wouldn't that's your choice.
As for me, when I spend my hard earned money I expect to at least get something worthwhile and decent, especially from a company that has been in business for decades.

The only point I was trying to make was that I got s**t in my case of Heroes Volume 1 and I did a lot better with Volume 2 so far.
That is all.
There is no need to talk down to me as you have.

Posts: 7 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi gang ... I also seem to have been lucky with my two boxes. One was a "hot box" (overloaded) with two inserts and 15 foils; and the other had one insert but one extra pack.

BOX 1 .. HOT BOX

Base Cards (90): 0 complete set, 2 short of 1st, 61 doubles
Foil Cards (10, 1:3 packs): 15 [7 above expectation]
Autograph Cards (14, 1:72 packs): Stephen Tobolowsky as Bob Bishop
Costume Cards (10, 1:72 packs): Noah Bennet's shirt
Sketch Cards (~43 artists, 1:72 packs): none
Dual Costume Cards (5, 1:1880 packs): none
Autograph/Costume Cards (4, 1:3760 packs): none
Dual Autograph Cards (4, 1:9610 packs): none

BOX 2 .. 1 extra pack

Base Cards (90): 1 complete set, 62 doubles, 7 threes
Foil Cards (10, 1:3 packs): 1-2-3-4-7-8-9-10
Autograph Cards (14, 1:72 packs): none
Costume Cards (10, 1:72 packs): none
Sketch Cards (~43 artists, 1:72 packs): Jeff Chandler
Dual Costume Cards (5, 1:1880 packs): none
Autograph/Costume Cards (4, 1:3760 packs): none
Dual Autograph Cards (4, 1:9610 packs): none

I guess I won't complain about finding zero base sets in the first box. Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post