Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Micro Comic Collector Packs (IDW, 2015)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Micro Comic Collector Packs (IDW, 2015)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Sometimes you find something unexpected. Razz

1 micro replica comic book #2 of 6
1 3d poster (matches the book) #2 of 6
1 pair 3d glasses
...and...
1 comic trading card with puzzle back #9 0f 36

The comic book and poster are replicas of the original SW covers. The 3d effect is old school like Jurassic Park III. I think the poster is 11.25x 7.5...I think.
The trading card is a comic image...go figure.
I pulled Chewbacca.

Overall B-/C+
Pros: price, something different.
Cons: card set may be a real challenge.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Tried another pack...
Comic 1 of 6
Poster 1 of 6
Comic card #15 (Luke light saber practice)

Anybody else locate these packs in your area?

Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found My Little Pony and Avengers Assemble but no Star Wars [yet].

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Tried another pack...
Comic 1 of 6
Poster 1 of 6
Comic card #15 (Luke light saber practice)

Anybody else locate these packs in your area?

Thumb Up

I have a case waiting for me to open...

Still wondering if putting the sets together is the most logical way of selling these.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Spotted these in my local Walmart today and grabbed a pack to check them out. Got comic #4, poster #4 and card # 4. There is an ad in the back of the comic advertising an upcoming Empire Strikes Back set.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
How much are they at Wal-Mart?
I'd asked my comic subscription company about these and they told me I could get a box of 24 packs for $72, so $3 per pack. Having seen the collation within a single box is pretty spotty from the break posted so far, I went ahead and asked for half the box, so we'll see how well I do from that...

Posts: 3327 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Walmart was charging $5.98 CDN per pack, so paying $3 would be a bargain. The problem with the set is that there are only six different comics and posters but 36 different cards so one is going to wind up with a lot of duplicate comics trying to put the set together pack by pack.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'll probably just stand pat with what I have and hope for a set of the minis and the posters. As I heard there was a lot of duplication within single box, I didn't want to get a whole one, even for what I thought was a decent price. And even with a full one, the best you could do it 2/3 a set, and that's with no dupes, which seems highly unlikely.

If anyone sees these at stores other than Wal-Mart, please do let me know. Maybe I can get some more locally, and be in better shape for trades. I'll post what I get for possible trades when I get them next week.

Posts: 3327 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Was able to complete a set of six comics and posters with only eight packs.
Pulled cards 9,13,15,24,27,36...and two dupes.

Luck or trend?
How'd you do?

Cool

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had 12 packs, all from the same box and did pretty well on the minicomics and posters. I made one set full set and just need the number 5 poster and mini for another set. I'm glad that the same number poster and mini are in each pack. It could've been ugly were that not the case.

As for the cards, I got 10 different and two dupes.
One of the dupes has a minor flaw to it.

I don't have much to trade due to that good mix I got, but if anyone wants the extra #4 comic and poster and BOTH of my dupe cards, I'll trade that for the #5 comic and poster and just ONE card that I need (due to the flaw on one of the dupes, #8). Let me know and I can provide pics of the two cards you'd get if you want to see them.

They are:
8 (Millennium Falcon) and 19 (Stormtrooper)

And I'd trade them for any single card beside these:

As for the product itself, it's well made and the packs have decent heft to them with everything that's in there, so I did feel like I got my money's worth, especially at $3 apiece. I'm not sure what the US retail price is, as I got mine through my comic discount service, but I feel they'd still be a good deal even at $5 each. Glad to see they are advertising an ESB set. Hopefully, this premiere set will do well enough to make that happen.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While I have not seen them at my local WalMart, I did see them at Target for $3.99.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
$4.30 with the tax is worth it.
I might get some more if I see them.

The more of these that are opened now, the better. The contents of these have no real protection while sealed, so the longer they stay in sealed packs, the more damaged they will be when finally opened, mainly by impressions left from one item pressing against another.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got 11 packs but only 5 different cards spotty distribution at best but nice cards.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Got 11 packs but only 5 different cards spotty distribution at best but nice cards.

I know someone who bought a sealed 24 pack box and only got 6 different cards.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI - I ran across some more of these at Target yesterday ($1.00 less per pack than TRU) and noticed that the wrapper is actually translucent - especially the gold Star Wars logo. If you press the wrapper down on the front you can clearly see the issue number of the comic inside. While this doesn't help on the card side of things, at least you can get the six different issues of the comic without extreme duplication because of poor collation. I wish I had discovered this before dropping $30 at TRU a few weeks ago just to end up with 4 copies of #1 and 2 copies of #3...oh well, better late than never.

Posts: 286 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
This will be a challenge to complete! I'm trying but have not had time to look for anything will get back to it after the holidays.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MARKPERRY2000
posted Hide Post
I cannot seem to find The Empire Strikes Back any where. I keep finding the New Hope Packs everywhere.

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post