Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban Update: Retail Edition (Artbox)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban Update: Retail Edition (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I thought it was worthwhile to make this a separate topic from the Hobby breakdowns.

My Hobby case seems to be putting thousands more miles on its odometer than necessary, so I might not be the first reporter from the U.S. contingent. Usually I save one-box or two-box breakdowns for Jon's database, and I guess I owe him an accumulation. Smokin'

But case breakdowns aren't likely to be that cool for Retail. Here's what I found from two boxes.

Cards were in good shape, with frequent minor "dents" from the production process, but no rejectable cards. All packs without inserts had four cards aimed one way and four the other way. I had one pack in two boxes that had only four cards, but I had a full complement of chase from the other packs.

The costume cards are fairly thin, displacing only two regular cards. If anything, those packs seem slightly thinner, but it won't be easy for the cherry pickers. The packs that had the costume cards (one per box) also held a foil card.

BOX 1
One complete set, 13 short of 2nd, 18 extras
George Weasley Quidditch Costume 1697/2803
Five foils (1:5 packs) M01-M03-M05-M07-M09

BOX 2
One complte set, 7 short of 2nd, 8 extras
Harry Potter Robe Costume 0263/2575
Five foils M03-M04-M05-M07-M09

I can't complain, I got my quota and I didn't dupe the costumes. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Agree, good idea to make them separate: hope you don't mind, just jigged the title to fit in with the accepted convention Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Is there any news of retail boxes and their content over here ?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Hmmm... bought a box for a laugh... Big Grin

No costumes, 1 insert (M07) Frown

I would hope the other boxes are slightly better stocked than mine Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Hmmm... bought a box for a laugh... Big Grin

No costumes, 1 insert (M07) Frown

I would hope the other boxes are slightly better stocked than mine Big Grin

Yuck! I wonder if this was actually the same thing, but I bet you just got the dregs.

Maybe Graham and I were wondering the same thing, whether Cards Inc was going to do its own version for a UK Retail set, like first time. I haven't seen any hints, and I figure somebody here would have said something!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
went to Gallup yesterday with my sister (and of course one of the first places she checks is Hot Topics)

well Hot Topics is haveing a HUGE sell (an additional 50% of all discounted items)

while looking i came across 2 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Tins.
i paid $2.50 each Eek

inside are 4 packs of retail pack and a T2 promo
8 cards per pack
got a Holofoil in each box Thumb Up

off the track but i also got a Fraggle Rock Boober plushie for $1.50
and my brother-in-law got an American Chopper Black Widow Chopper for $.01 (yes 1 penny Eek Eek)

have to love those kinds of deals Clap

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Hot Topic, huh? Sweet...I'll have to go check it out this weekend.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Broke a box yesterday...

1 full set
6 MM cards
1 George Weasley's Cloak Red 2250/2803

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
at the price they are charging on boxes now for retail, its so worth it.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post