Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Zorro Series 2 (RRParks Cards, 2022)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zorro Series 2 (RRParks Cards, 2022)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
This is a follow-up to the nicely done first set of a couple of years ago. My box contained:

3 Zorro 2 Promos
1 Lenticular Promo
1 Checklist
36 Comic Book Cover Art cards (Art on both sides)
6 Macarie Claudiu Portraits
11 Art Promos by David Gaskin (Portraits of different actors who have portrayed Zorro - Very Nice)
28 Women of Zorro (Nice B&W photos of various actresses from the Zorro films)
9 1990-93 Zorro TV Series
9 Zorro the Gay Blade
7 Behind the Scenes
9 Spanish Cards (small size)
9 German Cards (small size)
1 German 3D Promo
9 Cuban Cards (small size)
9 French Cards (3 small cards on an oversize strip)
6 Cut Out cards on Box (I may just cut these out carefully rather than keep the box)
1 1957 7-Up Zorro Pin
1 Print Plate
1 Limited Edition Metal Card, art by Elisabetta Soinich
2 Cell cards, with film mounted on it
- Guy Williams
- George Hamilton
1 Blank Sketchcard
1 Sketch by Huy Truong - One of the most beautiful sketches in my collection.

Overall, a lovely set. I would like to have seen some more background text on some of these, but they can all be researched on line. Thank you Richard Parks for another beautiful set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are there any images from the 1950s TV set?

Posts: 2199 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Bill, there are many individual shots of Guy Williams on various cards, such as the comic book covers plus many of the Women of Zorro are from the TV Series. Looks like one of the Foreign sets and the Behind the Scenes set are the only ones devoted to the Disney TV show.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Going back and looking over these cards, all 28 of the Women of Zorro cards are from the Disney TV series. Also, I found the image my Huy Truong sketch was based on, in this subset, it is Elvera Corona who plays a Spanish dancer.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually I'm looking for images of Gene Sheldon, who played Bernardo in the show.

Posts: 2199 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
There is a comic book style image of him in the oversize foreign set (still not sure if this is the Cuban or French set). I think that's about it it for Bernardo.