Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Game of Thrones Season 2 (Rittenhouse Archives, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 2 (Rittenhouse Archives, 2013)
 Login/Join

Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
i think the sketch was just an extra hit. I pulled 7 relics and 5 gallery cards. So i was not shorted on those. I also believe i pulled it half way through the box before my 2 autographs. Hope that helps

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put two of each sealed packs in 4-card Ultra Pro pocket pages at the front of the binder. I also keep two boxes (the 'least damaged' ones of the boxes I open), and store them in an empty 'case' from the set (OCD much???).

For the Premier Pack sets (i.e. Stargate SGU Season 2) I kept two of the empty packs (meaning I forfeit 100 Rewards Points) in 1-page sleeves at the front of the binder.

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
This is my first ever case from Rittenhouse.

Autos

Very Limited

Richard Madden as Robb Stark (FB)
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen (FB) Dance Clap Luv You
Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon (B)

Limited
Iain Glen as Ser Jorah Mormont (FB) - 0
Maisie Willliams as Arya Stark (B) - 0
Sibel Kekkili as Shae (B) - 1
Kerr Logan as Mathos Seaworth (B) - 1
Conleth Hill as Lord Varys (B) - 0
Rory McCann as the Hound (B) - 0
Donald Sumpter as MaesterLuwin (B) - 0
Conan Stevens as Gregor Clegane (B) - 1
Aiden Gillen as Petyr Baelish (B) - 0
Laura Pradelska as Quaithe (B) - 0

Common
Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark (FB) - 1 Clap
Gethin Anthony as Renly Baratheon (B) - 1
Eugene Simon as Lancel Lannister (B) - 1
Natalie Tena as Osha (B) - 0
Finn Jones as Loras Tyrell (B) - 0
Susan Brown as Septa Mordane (B) - 1
Roxanne McKee as Doreah (B) - 1
Aimee Richardson as Mycella Baratheon (B) - 1
Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth (FB) - 1
Nonso Anozie as Zaro Xhoan Daxos (FB) - 1
Amrita Acharia as Irri (B) - 0
John Bradley as Samwell (B) - 0
Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen Hghar (FB) - 0
Nicholas Blane as Spice King (B) - 0
Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell (B) - 1 Thumb Up
Ian Hanmore as Pyat Pree (FB) - 0
Gemma Whelan as Yara Greyjoy (B) - 1
Roger Allam as Magister Illyrio (B) - 1
Dominic Carter as Janos Slynt (B) - 1
Emun Elliot as Marillion (B) - 1
Simon Armstrong as Qhorin Halfhand (B) - 1
Francis Magee as Yoren (B) - 1
Rose Leslie as Ygitte (FB) - 1 Thumb Up
Ralph Ineson as Dagmar Cleftjaw (B) - 1
Kate Dickie as Lysa Arryn (B) - 1
Josef Altin as Pypar (B) - 1

Relics
RS4
RS7 variant
RB1
RNW1
RL3
RLG1

Quotables - 2 sets
Storyboard - 1 set
Family Sigils - 2 sets
Gallery - 1 set

I'd have to say, I'm happy with my case !!

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice case, congrats! Smile

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
My boxes 2+3 arrived today.

Box 2766:

- Q12+15
- SB1+17
- H6 House Tyrell
- PL6 Robb Stark
- Autographs Kerr Logan & Rose Leslie Thumb Up

Box 5683:

- Q11+18
- SB7+11
- H5 House Greyjoy
- RS7 Rickon Stark
- Autographs Maisie Williams Bouncey and Gwendoline Christie Clap Bouncey Thumb Up

Brienne was the one I really wanted the most (ok, apart from the "big" ones and Ser Jorah). To have Maisie Williams in the same box is so cool... I seem to have a thing for Arya autographs... I have pulled her in the first season set as well.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ygritte, Sansa, Arry, and a limited to go with them. Not too shabby!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened my case over the last few days, first time I've ever bought more than 1 box!

CT2 Case Topper

Autographs in the order I opened them:

Aimee Richardson as Mycella Baratheon
Dominic Carter as Janos Slynt
Emun Elliott as Marillion
Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister (Very Limited) Big Grin
Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell
Susan Brown as Septa Mordane
Roxanne McKee as Doreah
Nonzo Anozie as Xaro Xhoan Daxos
Ralph Ineson as Dagmer Cleftjaw
Eugene Simon as Lancel Lannister
Sibel Kekill as Shae (Limited)
Gethin Anthony as Renley Barratheon
Simon Armstrong as Qhorin Halfhand
Conan Stevens as Gregor Clegane (Limited)
Josef Altin as Pypar
Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon (Very Limited)
Rose Leslie as Ygritte
Kerr Logan as Matthos Seaworth (Limited)
Gemma Whelan as Yara Greyjoy
Francis Magee as Yoren
Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
Nicholas Blane as Spice King
Roger Allam as Magister Illyrio
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen (Very Limited) Luv You

I thought I was going to only get 2 Very Limited autos until I pulled the Emilia auto last of all!

Quotables - 2 sets
Storyboard - 1 set
Family Sigils - 2 sets
Gallery - PL1, PL4*2, PL5, PL6*2

RB2 - Joffrey Baratheon (087/300)
RB1 - Robert Baratheon (156/300)
RS5 - Arya Stark (276/375)
RLG2 - Lannister Guard Cape (208/475)
RS7 - Rickon Stark (314/375)
RL5 - Lancel Lannister (135/325)

Got a full base set from each box and a parallel set from the entire case, plus a few spares which my son was very interested in! A little upset about the Gallery card duplicates, as it seems that most cases have contained a full set.

All in all, a great looking set. Most of the limited and very limited autograph signatures seem to be scrawled (Stephen Dillard), whereas some of the more common autographs are very clear and look really nice, Aimee Richardson, Roxanne McKee, Rose Leslie and Sophie Turner in particular.

Steve

Posts: 22 | Location: Basingstoke, UK. | Registered: December 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a great case Steve. Barring a sketch pull you can't do much better than that. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 boxes
Box 1 correct number of inserts
Stark banner relic RS7 Ricokn Stark
Autos: Eugene Simon and Ralph Ineson
I least I got a relic card Smile
Box 2 correct number of inserts
Tyrian gallery card Thumb Up
Autos: Simon Armstrong and Lena Headey Thumb Up Metal Bouncey Very happy needless to say.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and bought two more boxes
Big Grin

PACK 1:

PACK 2:

PACK 3:

PACK 4:

PACK 5:

PACK 6:

PACK 7:

PACK 8:

PACK 9:

PACK 10:

PACK 11:

PACK 12:

PACK 13:

PACK 14:

PACK 15:

PACK 16:

PACK 17:

PACK 18:

PACK 19:

PACK 20:

PACK 21:

PACK 22:

PACK 23:

PACK 24:

CASE INCENTIVES (found underneath the packs):

Here's a bit of information regarding the the "Archive" box (actually boxes) for anyone who can use it.

The two boxes are shrinkwrapped together, but also individually shrinkwrapped, along with the usual tamper proof stickers to hold them closed.

They are labelled Box A and Box B.

I don't collect the relics so I thought I'd leave the box with those sealed and open up the autographs box. I selected the thinner box to open which was box "B". As the break shows, though, the 24 sealed packs held all of the autographs AND the relics as well as the 3 and 6 case incentives which are in the regular Rittenhouse top loaders with gold stickers underneath the packs.

That means that box "A" will have a parallel base set, all of the regular chase cards, and the case topper puzzle set of two cards in top loaders. There is no regular base set included in these (thanks to clearblue for that info).

Obviously box "B" is the box that holds the vast majority of the value of one of these.

As for the packs from the "B" box, a couple of them were especially loaded, while others held just a single autograph and relic which underscores the gamble one would take if a group of collectors pooled their money to buy one of these and then drew the number of the pack(s) they would get from the box out of a hat or something. Could be feast or famine, to say the least.

Mine are shown exactly as pulled from the box in order, starting with the bottom row of packs going down (packs 1-12) and then the top row going down (packs 13-24).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I went ahead and bought two more boxes
Big Grin

Here's a bit of information regarding the the "Archive" box (actually boxes) for anyone who can use it.

Two more indeed. Wink Congrats. Thumb Up

But you know you didn't post the one bit of information that I'll bet leapt into the mind of every one of us looking at your treasure.

How much the heck did that cost? Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
FYI, Box A does not contain a base set - only the parallel set.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Clearblue, I'll amend that in my post.

As for the cost, Raven, it's works out to be the same as two cases of the cards, $1,450. On one hand, you could never get all of these autographs from two cases (including of course the 3 and 6 case incentives), but on the other hand, there's no chance of a sketch in an Archive box, as opposed to the slight chance one has in opening two cases. Plus, you get plenty more Reward wrappers from 2 cases than you get from two boxes.

But in the end, I'll have paid somewhat less than $1450 for it, quite a bit actually.
With a purchase that big from the company I bought it from, I got a nice $65 box of Football cards free as bonus. I thought of selling that off to immediately recoup that much off the top, but opened it instead and that was a good move, since it had a $100 autograph card in it.

I don't collect relics at all (with a couple of exceptions), so I'll sell off this set I have for sure, for whatever that's worth. I also had already bought some of the GoT series II autographs plus pulled eight more from four regular boxes so I can sell most of those now and should be able to get what I spent on early purchases.

Finally, I don't need multiple autographs of the same actors, so I'll definitely sell some of those off who were repeated from Season 1 to Season 2 so that means extras of pretty much all the main characters which should bring back a huge chunk of the money. I was at first only going to collect bordered autographs, but some of the pictures on the full bleeds are better than those used on the bordered ones, so I'm rethinking that. It's nice to have the option as to which one I want to keep.

In the long run, I'll probably have spent about $500 for a pretty nice collection of the cards I wanted from this series (including the case incentive autos), about the same as I ended up spending for Series 1 (and I ended up with one autograph from every actor in that series, so not too shabby.)

The show was great this year, and there'll be good stuff aplenty next season since I've already read that far and a couple of hundred pages of Book 4 which should be the stuff adapted in season 5.

Bring on the Sand Sisters, Ser Shadrich AKA the Mad Mouse, poor ol' Pate (the spotted pig boy) and Aeron Greyjoy, known as the Damphair!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
As for the cost, Raven, it's works out to be the same as two cases of the cards, $1,450. On one hand, you could never get all of these autographs from two cases (including of course the 3 and 6 case incentives), but on the other hand, there's no chance of a sketch in an Archive box, as opposed to the slight chance one has in opening two cases. Plus, you get plenty more Reward wrappers from 2 cases than you get from two boxes.

With this product I totally agree that the archive boxes are worth it, if your goal is to complete. With 2 autographs per pack, and the relics not in every pack, there is just too many hits to find and you will need multi cases along with luck.

The other alternative is to try to collect one hit at a time. I've noticed that the prices for the stars have dropped a little from the first season, but then you have 3 incentives and the run of relics. Forget about getting a sketch.

Sometimes people buy the archive box when they could have done it themselves for a lot cheaper, but here I think it makes sense and you got a better price than I would have guessed. Clap

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's my thinking, too, Raven. I also have the benefit of having good experiences with the only other Archive boxes I've ever bought. With GoT series 1, I just had to have those cards, so I bought the Archive box early and cheap, well before the final checklist was even announced. When it turned out having 50+ autographs with a lot of actor duplicates I could flip, it turned out well for me, and ended a being a real bargain.

But the first one I ever bought was such a steal, I consider it among my finest hours collector wise. It was a Twilight Zone Series IV Archive box which I got for a little under $700. Having even less money then than I do now, I knew I'd have to and was willing to sell off the Hall of Fame serially numbered set of 7 to recoup some of the $700. To my delight, the packet they were in underneath the packs held a set with matching serial numbers and that ended up selling for over $300 on its own, so basically I got all of the autographs from series IV for well under $400 which it would be hard to get just the Ron Howard card for these days.

These Archive boxes can be a real bargain if you first can get them at a good price, and then are willing to part with some of the cards, certainly.

I remember seeing an Archive box for the "Complete Highlander" sold as a buy-it-now for $40 by a seller who clearly didn't know what they had. Wish I'd seen that one first!

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Box # 0947...

House Card H2 - Baratheon
Storyboard Cards SB2 and SB13
Quotable Cards Q12 and Q17
Relic Card RS2 - Catelyn Stark # 210/375
Autograph Cards - Gethin Anthony as Renly Baratheon, Maisie Williams as Arya Stark and Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth.

Yes, I beat the odds and got both a relic card and a third autograph in the same box. The Arya and Brienne autos were in the same pack, fyi. Very pleased to get two of the autographs that I wanted.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
Box # 0947...

Autograph Cards - Gethin Anthony as Renly Baratheon, Maisie Williams as Arya Stark and Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth. The Arya and Brienne autos were in the same pack, fyi. Very pleased to get two of the autographs that I wanted.

That was one awesome box. I hope I get one like that!!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Purchased 6 packs several weeks ago at my LCS and got the following hits:
Susan Brown auto

Family Sigil:H4 I really like the look and texture of these cards
Storyboard card: SB8

Here are the contents of the 6 boxes I purchased.

Box 6732
1 base set + extras
8 parallels
Quotable: 13, 19
Storyboard: 4, 17
Family Sigil: H-5
Relic: RB4
Autos: Rose Leslie (Ygritte) Big Grin
Nonso Anozie (Xaro Xhoan Daxos)

Box 4726
1 base set + extras
8 parallels
Quotable: 14, 17
Storyboard: 1, 13
Family Sigil: H-3
Autos: Gemma Whelan (Yara Whelan)
Kerr Logan (Matthos Seaworth)

Box 4727
1 base set + extras
7 parallels
Quotable: 13, 19
Storyboard: 1, 13 dupes from the previous box Frown
Family Sigil: H-6
PL 2
Autos: Kate Dickie (Lysa Arryn)
Iain Glenn (Sir Jorah Mormont)

Box 8837
1 base set + extras
8 parallels
Quotable: 11, 18
Storyboard: 5, 15
Family Sigil: H-5 dup Frown
Relic: RS4
Autos: Amrita Acharia (Irri)
Michelle Fairley (Lady Catelyn Stark) Clap

Box 9321
1 base set + extras
9 parallels
Quotable: 15, 18
Storyboard: 7, 18
Family Sigil: H-4
Relic: RS7-Rickon
Autos: Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark)
Emen Elliott (Marillion)

Box 7643
1 base set + extras
8 parallels
Quotable: 12, 17
Storyboard: 11, 14
Family Sigil: H-6 dup Frown
PL4
Autos: Nicholas Blane (Spice King)
Natalie Tena (Osha)

Then today when I went to pick up my comic subscription at
my LCS today I picked up 3 loose packs and got the following:
Several base cards
1 parallel
Nikolai Coster-Waldau auto Bouncey

Very happy with this set. Can't wait to work on filling all the holes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lovemesomecards,

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
3 packs and you got a Coster-Waldau auto? what luck Lovemesomecards! Smile

I wish my local comic book store sold stuff like that.

I ordered a case which I'm anxiously awaiting, hopefully it wont take too long to arrive.
I've been trying to stay away from looking at the listings because I'm not going to buy any until I've opened my case.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
My LHS had gotten in ten boxes of GOT, 4 for me and 6 for anybody else. I took my boxes over a couple of weeks, then I bought another because it was still there. The best auto I pulled was the Dormer. So I had taken my shot and then I picked up a few of the limiteds I wanted online.

Went back last week and one box was opened for loose packs and one box was left sealed. I didn't need it, but no more would be coming in, so I took it anyway.

Pulled the Emilia Clarke, a card that I did not buy as a single because it costs almost as much as the first season card. This is the best pull I've had from a box in quite in awhile, although you could argue that it cost me 6 boxes to get it. Big Grin Still, it feels like a bargain. Wink