Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Game of Thrones Season 2 (Rittenhouse Archives, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 2 (Rittenhouse Archives, 2013)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
quote:
to be fair 1 box is a hell of a gamble on trying to pull a top auto

It should not be a gamble in getting a good box, not at $65+ a pop! For the most part I've never gotten lucky in 1-3 box purchases and can't afford the 1-3 case purchase "luck" seems to require.

Buying a box is a gamble, not all boxes in a case have equal value, sometimes you hit the $100 box sometimes you hit the $40 box. Doesn't matter who you buy from that is the way it goes. I will let you know my luck on a 3 box gamble when I get them

I've been very lucky, from 4 cases posted so far on here no Michelle Fairley came up, yet I got one in a single box.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Third Case

Autos

Full Bleed:
Emilia Clarke VL
Richard Madden VL
Charles Dance VL
Ian Hanmore
Tom Wlaschiha
Rose Leslie
Gwendoline Christis

Bordered:
Sibel Kekilli L
Rory McCann L
Conan Stevens L
Roger Allam
Francis Magee
Gemma Whelan
Josef Altin
Aimee Richardson
Dominic Carter
Simon Armstrong
Amrita Acharia
Ralph Ineson
Eugene Simon
John Bradley
Susan Brown
Natalie Dormer
Kate Dickie
Gethin Anthony

Relics
RLG1 Lannister Guard Cape
RLG2 Lannister Guard Cape
RL2 Lannister Banner - Tyrion
RB3 Baratheon Banner - Cersei
RS1 Stark Banner - Ned
RS3 Stark Banner - Robb

*Haven't sorted out the inserts yet*

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
I've been very lucky, from 4 cases posted so far on here no Michelle Fairley came up, yet I got one in a single box.

Another thing I noticed is that with this full bleed version, she hasn't written her full name, just her first. Unlike what she did for the bordered version which she wrote her first and last name on.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Another thing I noticed is that with this full bleed version, she hasn't written her full name, just her first. Unlike what she did for the bordered version which she wrote her first and last name on.

I noticed that too. It looks like she wrote "MFairley" this time around. I thought for sure she (and all of the other bordered-only signers from the first set) would have signed both bordered and full bleeds at the same time. I figured RA just chose to put the bordereds in the first set and save the full bleeds for this one. But obviously they were signed at different times.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
quote:
to be fair 1 box is a hell of a gamble on trying to pull a top auto

It should not be a gamble in getting a good box, not at $65+ a pop! For the most part I've never gotten lucky in 1-3 box purchases and can't afford the 1-3 case purchase "luck" seems to require.

This is a tougher product for luck because there is a large autograph list and even with 2 signatures a box the majority are minor characters. Like you I generally do a 1 -3 box purchase, I might pick up a couple more here, just to see what I can pull. But there are a couple of cards I really wanted and I just grabbed them off that site. No bargains really, but now I can open GOT boxes and get commons without feeling disappointed because I have what I wanted most. That's all you can do about luck. Smile

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Opened 5 boxes (the most I have ever purchased of a product -- never bought more than 2 boxes of anything before). I didn't keep track of which box the quotable or storyboard cards came from. This is the actual order that I opened them in.

Box 583:
H6 - Tyrell
RS7 - Rickon Stark Banner
Autographs: Ralph Ineson and Eugene Simon

Box 582:
H2 - Baratheon
RLG1 - Lannister Guard Cape
Autographs: Susan Brown and Susan Brown Frown
Yes, two of the same common autograph in the same box. If this was my only box, I would have been crushed. However, the third box was pretty good...

Box 4549
H4 - Targaryen
Autographs: Natalie Dormer Luv You and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Thumb Up The Kingslayer is my favorite character, so I was happy to get this. I will be up to trade it for the season one bordered version though Wave

Box 8656
H2 - Baratheon Frown
RS3 - Rob Stark Banner
Autographs: Natalia Tena and Donald Sumpter

Box 1633
H3 - Lannister
RL2- Tyrion Lannister Banner
Autographs: Jack Gleeson and John Bradley

For storyboards, I got SB1, SB5, SB8, SB10, SB12, SB15, SB17, SB19 (and dupes of 5 and 19)

Quotables, I got Q11, Q12, Q13, Q15, Q16, Q17 Q18 (and dupes of 12, 16 and 17)

No gallery cards

I will be trading some of these away, so check my trade list. I especially want to finish the Quotable set. I am overall happy with my pulls -- the double common box was a little soul crushing -- and I picked up three of the other autos that I wanted pretty cheap on eBay so there are really only two or three more cards I *need* to have.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I am just thrilled to have pulled the Michelle Fairley card, I am not going to quibble about how it is signed.

It is far from the worst signature to come out in this set!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that her auto wasn't as good. It's just that after what you said I went and had a look to see how many where up for sale and noticed that she signed it differently this time.
I will be super happy to if I'm able to pull one of hers this time around, I like the full bleed version more because I love the photo they used of her this time. She looks lovely. Smile

I noticed actually, alot of the photos they used this time around I like alot more than what they used for the first set.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I also really like the picture they used for her this time around. She's especially regal looking in it.

Before the Game of Thrones set was announced, I was delighted to get her signed card from Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Pt. II set, and that card boasts a beautiful huge signature from her, even better than the GoT ones, but...

...on one of the worst looking images that has or will ever be used for an autograph card. Artbox was really winding it down by then, but still inexplicably decided to have nine of the autographers each sign a piece of a nine card puzzle set. Already a bad choice, the image they then selected for the puzzle was comprised of mainly a dark brown background, so only a few of the cards had anything on them, and nothing close of a picture of any of the card signers.

Here's that card for those interested, but I'll replace this post with my own box breakdown in this space (once they finally arrive) so as to not clutter the thread.

Anyway, both of these Rittenhouse cards of the Lady Catelyn are fantastic. Even though I was only going to collect the bordered versions of each signer, there are some characters I like so much, their full bleeds are proving to be a must, as well. What a voice Fairley has. I've read a little ahead in the books and exciting things are coming for her character!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that her auto wasn't as good. It's just that after what you said I went and had a look to see how many where up for sale and noticed that she signed it differently this time.

Any pulled autograph card is a good one, but it's OK to say it's not as good as far as I'm concerned. If I had one, which I don't, I would rather have the Season 1 card. Yes I agree the Season 2 full bleed is a great looking card and a much better picture than on the first one. However I will always take a full signature over any single name or abbreviation.

It seems like nearly all of her signatures on photos is MFairley. It could also be that the boxing of the bordered card gave her more room for her fairly large autograph without going outside the space. Either way, based solely on her autograph, I would prefer card 1 over card 2 and I think the prices will reflect it.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one box of this

Q12, Q17 (damaged) SB6, SB18, H1

Gallery Card John Snow

Nonso Anozie
Rose Leslie

Was happy with my break even box when sitting loose at the bottom

George R. R. Martin Autograph Card Luv You Dance Elephant Clap

Didnt even know they had added some to boxes.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Bought one box of this

Q12, Q17 (damaged) SB6, SB18, H1

Gallery Card John Snow

Nonso Anozie
Rose Leslie

Was happy with my break even box when sitting loose at the bottom

George R. R. Martin Autograph Card Luv You Dance Elephant Clap

Didnt even know they had added some to boxes.

Holy smokes Neilsy, that's awesome!!

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic Neilsy! Cool Congratulations! I wonder how many GRRMs or other case incentives were slipped into boxes?

Has anyone seen many variations with the Relic cards yet?
I have 3 Stark Relics. My Robb Stark one is a kind of linen material, but Eddard and Bran's is a sort of furry velour material.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I have seen one or two with an obvious pattern instead of being a plain swatch.
The Baratheon banner seems to have two versions, green and the more rare beige I pulled.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well I picked up 4 boxes at Collectormania (1 from 1 dealer & 3 from another) and can prove again that it is always a gamble.

Box 2227

Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell
Susan Brown as Septa Mordane
Q 14,19
SB 11,14
RB 4
S 5

Box 3750

Aimee Richardson as Mycella Baratheon
Dominic Carter as Janos Slynt
Q 14,19 (Different dealers same Q's Shake Head)
SB 8,15
RS 6
S 5 (No you couldn't make it up!!!!)

Box 0787

Eugene Simon as Lancel Lannister
Ralph Ineson as Dagmer Cleftjaw
Q 11,18
SB 9,14
S 6
PL 5

Box 0788

Natalie Tena as Osha
Laura Pradelska as Quaithe (Limited)
Q 15,18
SB 9,14 (Same as box 0787 Frown)
S 3
PL 2

So 1 limited (and not the one I would have hoped for), dupes for Q 14,18,19 and SB 9 & 14 (3 of those). And quite a few damaged cards. Overall more disappointed with the chase card collation and would have been nice to have had another Limited at least. I also got 7 Duplicate Parallel's

You can be lucky (as some have) with a few boxes but generally I find I am not, but there is always hope Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
My first box (9802) arrived today. Aside from 1 base set an 8 of those stupid parallel cards I pulled:

SB 6+18
Q 14+17
H 1
PL 3 Smile
Finn Jones as Loras Tyrell (b) Smile
Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H'Ghar (fb)

I really like what I got out of my box.

Can somebody please explain, what PL stands for as the cards are called "gallery" cards?

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can somebody please explain, what PL stands for as the cards are called "gallery" cards?

Someone else might know for sure, but if I had to guess I'd say it means 'Plate', because those cards have an old sepia photo look to them and they're thick, and often old photos are called 'plates'.
That's my theory, anyway. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Got to say I would have been happy to pull a Dormer and a Tena, but everyone has different likes and dislikes. I can understand your disappointment with the chase.

Soul-on-Fire if you'd like a home for those parallel cards email me Wave I am collecting them as my base set and only have 24/88 so far Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got to say I would have been happy to pull a Dormer and a Tena, but everyone has different likes and dislikes. I can understand your disappointment with the chase.

No they are good cards and ones I am happy with, just nice to have got a better limited card.

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Soul-on-Fire if you'd like a home for those parallel cards email me Wave I am collecting them as my base set and only have 24/88 so far Smile

I also got 7 Dupe parallel's that you can have for postage