Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Game of Thrones Season 2 (Rittenhouse Archives, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 2 (Rittenhouse Archives, 2013)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Raven! You can never go wrong with the Queen Across the Sea...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here is what ALWAYS happens to me with Rittenhouse cards. I bought a box in my state, then about three weeks later I bought another box from a dealer who does not live anywhere near me but travels here for card shows. And I pull, with one exception (a parallel card), the EXACT same chase cards, parallel cards and autograph cards. Where's the fun in this? I know it takes a great deal of time and effort to put these sets together, but it just seems too machine-like to me now, with no randomness, no fun, no unexpected thrills. Is it me? Am I expecting too much for my hard earned money? Should I calm down and just laugh it off? Please let me know!!!!

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That has happened to me on a couple of occasions cardaddict. I often space out box purchases because of the money and it has happened that I've gotten almost the same group of hits in different boxes that are many numbers apart.

It hurts to get doubles when there are so many more cards you don't have, but the packing is not random anymore. Collectors want good correlation in cases so everything has to follow a formula, but when the cases get broken and boxes get mixed together or you buy from different places, you can get stuck with twins.

Laugh it off and try to find a trading partner. It's just bad luck. Frown

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I received my case this week and busted it over Friday and Saturday.
I must admit I'm a tiny little bit disappointed with this case break, I know I got the required VL and L but I did not get one of any of the VL main characters that I wanted Frown

I did pull an auto of Gwendoline Christie, Natalia Tena and Rose Leslie which I am happy about though. And if you count all those autos carefully, yes, you will count one extra. The pack that I pulled the rose Leslie auto from, was also a John Bradly hiding in there as well Smile

I'm happy this time round I didn't get any doubles, but I have got a Stephen Dillane and Rose Lesie up for trade, because silly me bought a few off of the bay a week or so ago.

One thing I will add, did anyone else have like 15 extra each, of 87 & 88 spare base cards? That seems a little excessive to me, considering I only got 2 - 4 extra of every other base card. I don't know what to do with them all Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Got a box, purchased by my good buddy, Batman. After this break that we did together, we are no longer friends.

What a shame!

Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It as a lousy box we didn't get any of those cool flag cards did we? Mad

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I've been having a really bad time of outside life recently and bought a box of this to try and cheer myself up, it arrived on a really horrible day that I can easily say was the worst of my life (last Friday) so it's taken a week to finally get round to opening it.

Here's what I got:

Parallels: 02, 06, 21, 35, 45, 64, 69, 73
Quotable: Q12, Q15
Storyboard: SB6, SB20
Sigil: H4 Targaryen
Gallery: PL1 Tyrion
Autographs:
Charles Dance / Tywin Lannister FB
Rose Leslie / Ygritte FB
John Bradley / Sam Tarly Bordered

The Ygritte and Sam autos were next to each other in one of the last packs I opened Smile
Definitely did well with the autographs, was regretting buying a box almost immediately after paying for it given there are some GREAT autographs in this set that can be had in quantity for less than a box costs, but it worked out. And a VL too! This kind of defying-the-insertion-odds has never happened to me before, so all in all this box is a definite highlight in my life right now!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
A second box of this for me:

Parallels: 18, 28, 33, 43, 52, 57, 62, 76
Quotable: Q13, Q16
Storyboard: SB8, SB15
Sigil: H1 Stark
Gallery: PL3 Daenerys
Autographs:
Amrita Acharia / Irri Bordered
Ian Hanmore/ Pyat Pree FB

No duplicates, and even the lower end autographs in Game of Thrones sets are always recognisable! I think I prefer this set to Season 3, still.

Continuing my sudden love of photo breaks:

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post